CHAPTER 23

POV MEERA:

"So this is where my dear ducky-pants has been vacationing all along without any prior notice given to me about it." A rakish smile broke on Arjun's face.

"A prior notice was given to the people concerned and I'm sure efficient replacements must have been made available to you." I said grabbing a glass of champagne.

His gaze turned towards Vivaan's grinning face and scanned him from tip to toe. Gulati's unmoving grip around my waist brought an abrupt halt to his scanning before he looked away. Asking for a martini on rocks at the bar, he turned towards us again.

"Replacement? Yes. Efficient? I don't think so. Not everyone is talented enough to maintain a ducky-pant wardrobe and shower me with sarcastic come-backs all day." Arjun sipped on his martini.

"She has one hell of a big sarcastic mouth right there!" Gulati said pinching my lips together with his fingers.

I slapped his stupid hand away. The pinching still hurt as I wondered what kind of idiotic friend  had I got for myself. Arjun's frown was now turned into an amused smile.

"I'm Vivaan. Meera's LOVE of life." Vivaan extended his hand towards him.

 'Boyfriend' would have worked but he had to smear cheese all over to make it cheesier! -- LOVE OF LIFE? 

Managing to gulp down the remaining martini, Arjun said "Arjun." giving a firm handshake, "Meera tolerates me on the film-set, not with much patience though."

The awkward silence that followed started giving me second thoughts about this 'great' plan of mine. I had seen it working well in the movies at least.

"Isn't she amazing? I'm sooooo in love with her!" Gulati embraced me in a killing hug.

"You're one lucky man...." Arjun murmured studying my stranded expressions still locked in that hug.

Pushing him away as gently as possible, I got myself some fresh air to breathe. Gulati was one useless idiot. I glared at him warning  against his idiotic behaviour but my darling friend was one stubborn ass or had a less-functioning brain.

"So Arjun, did she ever talk about me?" Vivaan flashed his charming grin, "What an adorable, romantic boyfriend I am. How good a job I do at satisfying her."

I wanted to strangle him with my bare hands or at least smack a wine-glass on his head. That mean-ass was taking a revenge for my jabbing in his stomach.

"Keep the martinis coming. Don't stop till I'm way drunk." Arjun instructed the bar tender with his horrified expressions and turned to us, "No, she did not. Thankfully."

 I realized that it was spinning way out of control. By the time I could wrap up this thing, Vivaan would manage to embarrass me in front of an almost drunk and passed-out Arjun and that was definitely not something I had planned on.

"Sweetheart, you should have told him our love story." Vivaan turned to me, "Don't you love narrating it to everyone?"

"I definitely will, SWEETHEART." I gritted my teeth, "Some other day. He is too busy right now."

"No he's not! He is sitting here jobless, emptying the martini glasses one after other." Gulati smiled and pointed towards Arjun, "See! There goes his third glass."

"Why don't you tell me your LOVE story, Vivaan?" Arjun suggested, now a little suspicious, "I'm curious how someone as wonderful as you fell for our foul-mouthed Meera."

I let out a nervous laugh.

"Absolutely." Gulati said excited, "We first saw each other at the beach. I was jogging and she was out for a stroll."