EPILOGUE

POV MEERA:

SEVEN MONTHS LATER--

Gazing at the setting sun, I traced a few drawings in the sand which could have very well passed for an entry in the art competition of six year olds. Quite a few months had flown by after I had decided on mending stuff with dad and everything in my life seemed up-beat. 

A sudden thud and yet again my master-pieces were ruined by him. My killing stares still did not make any difference to him as he settled besides me with an annoying grin on his face.

"You're late. Again." I gave him a look.

"Well, I'm in demand sweetheart. There's a Que of people who are dying to meet me every time I come to Mumbai." Gulati raked his hair in complete show-off.

"If by  'A Que of people' you mean crazy but hot chicks and by 'meet me' you mean geting in Bed with you then you very well deserve---" I said smacking his head hard, "this!"

"That hurts!" He whined scratching his head, "Anyway, how was your masi's wedding?"

"Amazing. Except when in the end she practically weeped when I was packing my stuff later to permanently move here." 

"Women!" Both of us mumbled together.

"I read about your star-boy in a tabloid a few days back. He is going quite strong with that Aisha chick, isn't he?" Gulati fist-punched my shoulder.

"Yeah, Arjun and Aisha fit well together." I shrugged, "I'm glad we decided on taking a break so that I can concentrate on my family and he on his career. It gave us  time to realize that maybe we are better off as just friends."

"Maa is pretty fascinated with you after you barged into our office that day and practically got away with threatening paa!" He smirked.

"Really?" I arched my brow, "It wasn't a big deal though."

"Ohh, trust me it is!" Gulati widened his eyes, "Maa keeps watching the CCTV footage of the conference room from that day in her free time even though it does not have any audio. She says it makes her believe that anything is possible in this world."

"Yeah......" I nodded, "You have one creepy, weird family, don't you?"

"Tell me about it." Gulati rolled his eyes, "Now that I'm home, Maa has embarked upon a mission to get me married to any random daughter of her socialite friends."

"You on a horse with sehra could be the sight I would be willing to pay for!" I laughed.

"Shut-up Meera, understand the seriousness of it. You know how big of an absolute ass I am! I can't bear a single chick for anything more than month. Except the women I'm blood-related to, you are the only girl I've been----"

Gulati's sudden babbling came to a halt as he eyed me in a very creepy manner. After staring at me for what seemed like an eternity his face broke into a devilish grin.

"What. Are. You. Thinking. Gulati?" I asked a little freaked out.

"I'm thinking that YOU, my lunatic friend, are the only girl I've been with for such a long period of time. And I believe that if I'm ever to kill my bachelor life by myself, it might as well be with----"

"No....No....No....No.... No...Noway!" I nodded my head frantically, knowing exactly what was going on in his mind.

"Oh Yes... Yes.... Yes.... Hell yes!" He grinned, "C'mon Meera, no one in their right mind is ever going to marry you willingly. Arjun might have slipped because of your hot Body but he too realized what he was getting himself into and saved himself in time."

I gave him a skeptical look.

"Admit it- I'm a full-on package. I'm rich, successful, handsome and you'll undoubtedly have an exceptional bedroom life!" He smirked as a certain red creeped up my cheeks.

"Eeewww..... You're insane Gulati! You need a shrink. Get an appointment with one today itself." I got up dusting my pants.

"Meera! Save me from the claws of the crazy socialite-mothers." He dramatically got on his knees pleading, "You're my Knight in Shining Armour. Save me!"

"Shut-up Gulati!" I started walking away as people stared at his nautanki.

"Meera, You heartless woman!" He called out behind.

I looked behind as he jogged upto me.

"Marry me you inconsiderate, cold-blooded, stone-hearted devil-of-a-female!" He smacked my head.

"That was smooth and hopelessly romantic." I snorted, "You're on a right track to spin a proposal of any girl's dreams!"

"Don't go all sarcastic on me." He screeched to halt as I continued walking anyway, "You should feel privileged!"

I showed him a dismissive wave of hand without turning behind.

"Meera! Are you seriously ignoring such an awesome opportunity?" he called out from behind, "Meera? Meera...?!! How about if I say I'm okay with threesomes in our marriage? Does it change your mind?"

"You're an absolute nut-head Gulati!" I shouted back laughing.

"Wait Meera! Is that a yes? Meera....??!"

And just when I thought that I had made peace with my stranded past, I had gotten over my silly infatuation over a film-star and the freak-show had finally ended, life took it upon itself to remind me that I still had that crazy-pervy writer as my friend who considered it his moral responsibility to make my life 'Oh-So-Freakish'! ;)

 *********************THE END******************