Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I had left my brother like thirty minutes ago and since then I've had a shower and now standing in my closet looking for something nice to wear. I've still not chosen anything I'm some fussy. I feel I should look nice, but why it's not like he's my mate. This got me thinking a million things all at once why did I put this in my head. I shook it off and started to look for something to wear again.

'Just pick something already' My wolf growled at me.

I can't blame her though, I have been standing here for far too long and it's only dinner like any other night. I don't even get changed for them so why do I feel like I have to make such an effort for tonight. It's only Maya, Austin's mate and the Alpha of the near pack and he wants to welcome us to the land. Anxiety started to kick in. I feel like I have to look my best because it would be rude not to right? He's a high level of authority I must look my best. Set a good example right?.

After my wolf had another go at me I just grab the first dress I could see. Which turned out to be a nice cream dress with some little flowers along the hem. I pulled it over my head slipping it down my body then I grab some nice heels to match the dress. God anyone would think I was off on a date or clubbing not going for dinner in my own home. I rolled my eyes at myself in the mirror.

I heard my parents rushing in a few minutes later.

"Quick they'll be here soon, we need to get chopping the veg up and get the roast cooking" My mum was in panic mode I can't blame her though. With an alpha, everything has to be perfect nothing out of place, food cooked well. Table set to a high standard. I hope the house itself does the hard work for us so if the food isn't up to scratch then the house itself will make the night better but who am I to grumble mum's cooking is amazing. 

"Calm down dear we still have ages yet" Obviously my dad wasn't like freaked out as me as mum. 

I slowly made my way downstairs to give mum a hand so she could go and get herself ready. I grab the apron from the side and popped it on tying it behind me. I could just hear mum yelling at dad to get up the stairs and get something nice on too.

I guess I get this side from my mum. If we know someone is important is going to be around us we have to look our best if our best isn't the best then the whole atmosphere around us goes bad very horribly wrong.

I glance into the long mirror in the hallway to check myself over one last time. Then carried on with the cooking.

I chopped up all the vegetables and popped them into the tray with the chicken. I smear some butter mixed with herds over the chicken to give it some flavor. Then popped it into the oven and set it for an hours times. Which is just long enough for them all to arrive.

I unpacked the rest of Mum's shopping bags and found some desserts. 'Mmmm yum trifle' My favorite I said to myself before putting it into the fridge. There was some cheese and crackers too.

Mum had a black maxi dress on, it was sort of gypsy style, nice and flowy. Dad just had a white shirt and black trousers on. To me it looks like we're were all dressed for a wedding I chuckled within myself and my wolf pipe in laughing too.

Not even ten minutes later and the doorbell went. Mum gathered us to the front so we were next to the door to greet them all in. My palms were sweating like crazy I tried to wipe them down my dress but It wasn't helping.

"Are you all ready?" She grinned. Me and dad gave the thumbs up but I have a nervous side smile on.

Opening the door slowly but the second mum saw Austin it flew it back and hit the wall behind it.