Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Fire, the fire was burning within me. I felt like my inside were on fire. I woke drenched in sweat. I was panicked I didn't know what the hell was going on. I couldn't sleep. It was far too hot.  My eyes shot open from the pain in my groin. What was happening? Something me wanted out. I gripped the sheets beneath me rolling side to side trying to get the pain to go away but it just got worse. 

"Kacey are you ok" I heard Ollie wake beside me.

But I couldn't answer. The pain was consuming my mind taking over my body. Ollie touch my skin and it felt like fire. 

"Don't touch me" I yelled at him. Before he tried to touch me again. I got up and dragged myself to the bathroom. I turned on the cold tap to the bath and got myself in hoping the cold water to help cool me down. It did nothing of the sort. Ollie was by my side worried something was seriously wrong.

"I'm so hot" Panting as i tried to explain. "My..my inside is on fire" 

"Shit" Ollie face was even more panicked "Your in heat..fuck. I'm sorry Kacey. I forgot this would happen"

What was he talking about? I'm in heat? What the heck. Can I be in heat? I must have missed this part of learning about our kind. What causes this why am I so ho..ot. Tears sprung in my eyes. Ollie stood up like he was talking to someone. Pacing around in front of me. I just wanted to pass out. It's so unbearable. 

"Kacey, I'm going to help you. You need to do as I say ok"  I try to nod that best I could but I couldn't focus. 

Suddenly I felt his arms wrap around me. Pulling me into his chest. It somehow dilled the pain but not by much. I was crying out as he carried me somewhere. I must have woken my mum and dad too as they both came running out to see what was going on.

"Shh" Ollie tried to comfort me but it didn't help much "She's in heat"  I heard him say to my parents.

"You've not completed the mating progress" My dad sounded so angry at Ollie like it was all his fault. Of course, it wasn't.

"Dad, not now. It's...It's not his fault" I coughed in between the waves of pain.

Bright lights soon came and I had to cover my eyes into Ollie's chest. It was far too bright to handle. I felt myself being placed on a bed. It was nice a cool. "Drink" I could see a cup in front of me with a straw. I followed orders I needed to bring this heat down in any way possible. 

"Kacey I'm going to pop a needle in your arm. It's pain relief to help ease the pain for you" I nodded letting Dr Gary take my arm pricking it. I felt the needle pushing in. It was faint but I felt it. After a few minutes, the pain started to die down. My eyes were so heavy I kept them close with breathing heavy trying to catch my breath.

"You need to complete your mating bond Ollie or next time she will be a lot worse," Dr Gary told him. I could just make him out nodding to her then coming to my side. 

Mum and dad came in a few minutes later to check on me. Dad was still not too happy with Ollie.

"Ollie.." I heard dad starting to tell him off but Ollie stopped him.

"It's not our fault...Kacey was right. We've been too busy to even give ourselves the time alone. You have no idea how much I wanted to complete the bond with her. This should never have happened" My dad looked guilty after being told off but he was quick to respond but my mum bet him to the punch.

"You both need to get it done and soon. I can't have her suffering like this again" she came over pushing Ollie a side taking my hand "Shhh, your ok now honey" Mum voice was soft and comforting. Ollie look pretty annoyed with himself. I knew it wasn't his fault. We had far too much happening at once or I'm sure we would have done it by now if there wasn't a threat hanging over our heads.

"Mum, dad could you give us space" They both nodded. Mum, kissed my head on the way out. 

I moved back on the bed and patted the spot for Ollie to sit next to me but he didn't. He was pacing the floor beating himself up.

"Ollie sit" I tried to command him. Although it doesn't phase him at all he comply's. He sits with his back to me. Elbows on his knees. So I sit up and swing my legs to sit next to him. "Stop beating yourself up" Looping my arms around his right one. He still doesn't budge. He seems to be having a chat with someone as he sits there so quietly avoiding eye contact with me. 

I tried a few more times with the same result. Getting myself annoyed I get off the bed and head for the door leaving him arguing to myself. I can't help him if he doesn't answer me. As I reach the door I look back to Ollie who's now staring at me. His eyes are dark. I realize now he's been arguing with his wolf. He jumps off the bed and comes right over to me not giving me a second to respond. 

His sharp teeth start appearing and I know what his wolf plans to do. I try my best to keep him back and push him away. I don't wanna be marked this like. I get why his wolf does. The pain the torture I just endured. It was hard for him to watch but he can't serious mark me like this. 

"Smack" Something just hit Ollie in the head knocking him out. I was pushed out the way. While whoever locked him in the room. I'm sure he's break free when he wakes up. I was guided out of the hospital and up the stairs. My mind was distant but I couldn't hear someone calling to me.

"Kacey are you ok?" Dad was shaking me for an answer but I couldn't reply I nodded my head instead. "Ok come on." Mum was the one who pulled me aside. They had walked me back upstairs to Ollies room and Austin had gone down to keep an eye on Ollie in case he woke up. 

I waited until mum and dad left. I had to get out of the house. It was 3 am in the morning. I need out, I needed to get away from here. I need to clear my head. I changed my clothes and got some trainers. Tiptoeing downstairs and out the back door. Thankfully no one saw me seek out. 

I ran away from Ollie's towards my parent's house. I'm not sure why I ran there but I felt it may be the safest place for me to be at right now. As I was nearing I saw someone in the dark. I froze where i was. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to leave. I didn't think anyone would be out at this time of the morning. 

"Kacey?" I watched the figure get closer.

"Layton?" As he got closer I could just make him out. 

"Hey what are.." He stopped and ran over to me wrapping his arms around me. I didn't care I broke down once again. "What happened?" He pulled back to look at my face. I soaked his top from snot and tears. I couldn't answer so i shook my head. "Come on" He started walking us to my parent's house.