Chapter 7

Chapter 7

School was over for the day and I spent pretty much of each class sitting next to Ollie. I could tell he was pissed with me for looking at Layton a lot. So he made sure I was sitting next to him every time. I didn't mind being near him it kept me calm and collected but his scent was distracting. I just wanted to touch his silky skin kiss his jawline, My thoughts were going places they shouldn't at this stage. They just kept getting dirtier.

 I didn't understand why I took an interest in Layton there was something more about him than his player ways. I could read it from the way he looked at people especially the girls.  His eyes carried something but I couldn't place my finger on it, it was something so deep that the humans would never pick it up. 

Anyways we were walking back to our cars and discussing this Saturday night. I knew there was a barbeque happening and we were meeting the pack and now I know mum and dad had a surprise for us also then there was our date. I was looking forward to this a lot even if I wasn't paying much attention to him I was dying to find out more about him and spend time with him as much as I could. Just being in his presence was enough to keep me and my wolf satisfied.

I was very interested in what my parents had planned though. They were acting weird when we left this morning and I could tell there was something huge playing on both their minds.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow then" Before opening my car door I gave him an apologetic look and turned. Just as I turned he grabbed my arm making me turn around to look at him.

"Tomorrow try and not look over to Layton so much it bothers me and my wolf" His possessive side was starting to show.

"I really am sorry, I didn't-" He cut in.

"I know you've said like ten times now, just don't do it again" He warned me.

His eyes darken a little. He looked away from me then got in his car and left.  I don't blame him either but I was expecting something from him before he left. . A kiss on the cheek like last time or a hug but nope. I certainly pissed him off just by looking at the other alpha, the player, the one who thinks he's gods gift but also holds a lot more than he tends to show.

I need to get my act together because Ollie is my mate and I shouldn't even be giving Layton a second looking like I did but I just can't help feeling like there's something he's hiding, something dark.

I felt guilty and I should. I get it, I was only looking but I was still looking at someone other than my own mate. I shook my head and got into my own car then headed home.

----

"Mum I'm just going for a run" 

I was feeling so depressed for letting Ollie down I needed to get out and run. Run and take my mind off it all. I seem to stress out too easy so this is why I need to let my wolf out. She was mad at me as well but even she knew that Layton was a mystery.

I stepped outside and head into the trees. Stripped down and ran. Running makes me feel free, freer than anything I know. It was a pure buzz flying in and out the trees.

I headed to the lake where my brother found me the other day since it was so peaceful up here and no one apart from him knew I would return here. My brother knew I love quiet places and I love watching over things with nice views, I'm a total freak in my books but I didn't care what people thought about me.

I saw the boat again and decided to take it home and mend it up so I could actually use it. I could take some bread for the ducks and swans then enjoy the sun and relax.

It was so, so quiet until I heard a branch snap. My head shot up looking to see who was there. I was still in wolf form so I couldn't talk if I needed to. I wasn't a part of the pack if one of them were here but they all knew there was a family who just moved here well Austin's family. 

I let out a low medicining growl to warn whoever it was away. It didn't work, a wolf stepped out from behind a tree and was looking right at me. It was dark brown with piercing greens eyes. I knew those eyes but I couldn't be sure and if it was then he was on the wrong side of town. Unfortunately, I'm on the borderline of Ollie's pack so there's nothing he could really do to help me. 

I watch as he came over a bit more and I took a few steps back keeping the distance between us. He bowed his head then ran over to the side behind a tree shifting. He came back out with shorts on standing in front of me. I followed suit. I'm just glad I remember to hit clothes close by in case of anything like this.

Once I got my clothes on I walked back around and found Layton standing by the lake. He was looking out over the cliffs that faced towards the most amazing views he was waiting for me to come around. I knew I shouldn't be around him. Ollie has already warned me off. But I can't help it. I walk closer to Layon keeping a few feet away from him.

"I don't bite you know"

I didn't reply. I had nothing to really say to him. I didn't know who he was, what he was like or anything. He was just someone I ran into one time. Someone Ollie hated. With me not replying Layton carried on. He came a little bit closer while I took a few steps away. 

"I'm not gonna hurt you... I know your Ollie's mate" 

He knew I was Ollie's mate how?. Was he watching us? Was it the way Ollie kept me close? Somehow the word got out about it. After all, we all go to the same school. 

I turned to face him questioning him. "How do you know?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"Word travel" He shrugs "Nothing stays secret for long". 

That was true if he knew then who else knows. I didn't know what to say to him. I was expecting to get caught out from Ollie or my brother. No one was around. I kept looking.

"You shouldn't be here," I say sighing finding a rock to sit on.

"Why cause Ollie says so?"

"I'm Ollie's mate Layton. He's protective." I say as he comes and sits just in front of me. I should probably message my brother. If Ollie finds out any other way I'm with him he's just gonna get more pissed with me.

"I know you are" I can feel him watching me as I play with my fingers in my lap. 

"I show go. I don't wanna get in more trouble" Standing up and jumping off the rock I was sitting on.

"It's ok, I'll go.  Kacey, I just wanted to be friends" He says standing up and walking off. He started running then shifted mid-air. 

I sighed and sat down where I was. He wasn't that bad. I don't understand why I had to stay away from him. I get he was a player but that's nothing to do with me. Maybe he needed a friend and I've just pushed him away.  

A few seconds later I heard grunting and panting. I stood up to see another large looking wolf staring at me. He was pure black his coat was so shiny. His eyes piercing blue. Was he out having a run too? Or was he spying on me and Layton? I hope to God he wasn't as I didn't wanna find out how much trouble I'd be in.

I walked over towards him. Placing my hands through his fur. I smiled as he let me stroke him. He turned to face me motioning to follow.  I did as he asked and followed him.