Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Hey there little guy, are you lost? I asked the small boy I came across from our run. Ollie wasn't far behind me with Spence, Indi, Scott and Chloe. As you may have guessed it's like a triple date run. Me and Ollie, Spence and Indi then Scott and Chloe.

I ran ahead letting my wolf get a good feel for the fresh air. I pushed further ahead of the rest of them and Ollie kept telling me to 'slow down' 'don't go too far ahead' Like I'm a kid needing to be put on a lead which gave me a dirty thought I chuckled to myself.

I had shifted back before they finally caught up with me and the little boy. Who is yet to say anything. The others shifted behind us coming out to see what was going on.

"Where's your mummy little one?" I crouch down to his level offering a gentle smile hoping to get the little one to open up.

The poor kid looks like he's going to cry. I offer him my hand to pull him into a hug but he doesn't take it. Instead, he looks off to the right looking at something behind him.

That's when an older looking man steps out. He's wearing dirty clothes like he's been on the run for a while and living out here in these tree's you see holes in his trousers. There was a huge hole in his shirt too. It was all dirty and worn.

"I... I'm sorry we didn't mean to bother you" He steps closer to the young boy sitting on the floor then takes him into his arms and tries to catch his breath. I stand up abruptly to my feet now realizing that Ollie is standing right behind me. His arm snakes around my waist pulling me right into his side. I give him a sideways glance up before directing my attention back to the man and tot in front of me.

"You do realise your trespassing?" Ollie's voice boomed from the side of my face. Heating up my cheeks with the authority in it. Making it known he is the boss here and not to cross him.

"Sorry, I did know but you see my son, wandered off when we were resting just on the outskirts. I had to track him down before he crossed the borderline. I'm truly sorry. We've travelled so far, for such a long time". The man sighed. I knew how he felt. We were always on the move too. I studied the man a little bit more and I swear he looked familiar. Then I hit me. I know this man. I know him pretty well. We use to be neighbours

"Wait are you Jack? Jack Saunder?" I asked shock slowly crossing my face.

"Ye...yes," His eyes widen when he looks at me his burning gaze as if a light was switched on for the first time in so long. " Kacey," He asks testing my name.

"Yes," I opened my arms and hugged him tightly. Him and his mate were close friends to my parents. Then I realize she wasn't here i wondered where she was. "where's Anna?" I asked looking behind him.

"She's just down past those trees I'll go get her?" He said and I nodded taking the young boy from him. He dash as fast as his legs would take him.

"Ollie they need medical help badly. Can you get the doctor ready for their arrival? I'll get Austin to get my parents over asap" I asked with pleading eyes.

He nodded his head without saying one word. His eyes left mine to behind me and I follow them to Anna. My mouth dropped when i saw how bad she looked.

"Ollie" I turned looking at him.

He stepped forward and took Anna from Jack's arms. They must have travelled so far today Jack looks like he's about to pass out himself. But before he could both Spence and Scott went to his sides and helped him stay upright until we got to the packhouse.

We walked as fast as we could back to the house. I told Ollie to run ahead with Anna as she looks so bad. But he refuses to walk back without me by his side. I didn't argue as I wanted to get them back as fast as we could too. I didn't think arguing with him right now was going to help also.

The house came into view and the back doors were open. My parents stepped outside as soon as we neared the door. We all followed Ollie through the door and down some stairs that I'd never seen before to the hospital ward like area. I hadn't really wandered about Ollie's house. I begin to wonder if this was an old packhouse he was living in from the way it's set up. 

I mean he has everything a packhouse usually has but without everyone living in it. I continued to follow Ollie down the stairs and into a hospital-like ward. I had wondered how I never knew this was here. I must investigate his house more.

"There is another entrance but the going this way because it's quicker" Like he was reading my thoughts he answered my unspoken question.

"Dr Gray is everything set up?" Ollie asked as a lady approached us.

"Yes alpha follow me"

We followed the Dr down one hallway then took a right then a left then into a family size room. There were two nurses on stand by. Ollie placed Anna down on one bed then I popped the tot on the other and Jack was helped onto the last bed.

"Will they be ok?" I asked Dr Gray once I put the young tot down on the bed stroking his hair.

"I'll let you know once we've checked them over but from what I can see from the man and the tot they'll be ok maybe a little dehydrated but we can fix that. Now if you please" She ushered us out of the room.

When Ollie walked out of the room I leashed my arms around him. He was barely out of the room before I engulf him with a hug.

I could feel him gently walking making me backwards to wherever he was aiming for. His hands grasp my bottom hiking me up. I place my legs around his waist and let him carry me. I relaxed in his grasp holding onto him tight.

My emotion was running a little high. Being close to Ollie was relaxing and keeping my breathing nice a paced out but the tears started and I couldn't hold them back.

He took me back up the stairs to where my parents were waiting to find out what happened. Ollie took me over to what I gathered was the sofa area and sat down with me still curled around him. I rested my head on his shoulder and moved my foot so my legs were now going over his lap and I could see my parents were sitting on the other sofa.

"Kacey came across the tot on our run and his father Jack stepped out a few seconds after. If it wasn't for Kacey recognizing him we'd have no idea who they were and could possibly have killed them or locked them away" I heard him suck in a breath and carried on. I cringed beneath him as he said killed or locked them away.  I think he sensed me being uncomfortable with what he said. My heart started to beat faster. 

"Dr Gray is now looking after them and we'll find out soon enough how they are doing. Your welcome to wait downstairs in the waiting area" He offered.

I can't believe him. I mean who would kill a kid, god his dad could hardly stand and his mum was on the death door. But then again who am I to judge what an alpha does. Wait of course I am, I'm his mate.

I let my parents head off first each tapping my shoulder and my dad gentles squeezing it. Once they were out of the way I stood up and headed for the front door. Not once looking back at Ollie shouting my name.

'Kacey' He yelled a little louder.

I knew it wouldn't take him long to follow me but I didn't care. I had my car keys I pressed the button and got in the car. I started it up before he had the chance to run to the other side and pulled away.

" Shit, my laptop" I cursed under my breath.

"Austin can you bring my laptop back with you it's in Ollie's room closet thanks" I quickly mind linked him "Don't get caught and don't tell him where I am" Not that he'd ask me why. Sure he'd understand I needed some space. I needed to calm down. 

I know I'm probably acting like a kid right now but how can someone lock up a kid or even think of killing a child when their parents are on their last legs. It made me sick to the stomach I drove around for a while before heading back home. Home where I knew Ollie won't be or shouldn't be. He bloody better not be...

Enjoy x