Chapter 5

Three shops down and so many more to look in but we decided to go get some lunch. I already bought some dresses, jeans, t-shirts and a new jacket. Pretty sure I have enough to do me for a while and I was beginning to hate shopping. The third shop has more or less the same as the first two.

Walking along to find the food court located at the other side of the mall I noticed a few people walking towards us. I hadn't met anyone in this town yet but I knew right away they were werewolves. They were looking at us funny wondering who we were but as quick as they looked at us they turned their heads with a snap.

It was pretty fast and I wondered what made them do that. As they walk past I stopped and followed them with my eyes watching where they were going. They had picked up their pace and were gone within seconds. Without looking where I was going I had been walking backwards and just as I was about to turn around to walk next to mum again. I banged into someone so hard that I bounced off their chest and almost hit the floor. I say almost because they grabbed my arm and helped steadied me up.

"Sorry" I mumbled feeling so embarrassed. This seems to happen a lot to me putting myself in such an embarrassing situation.

"It's ok, I'm Layton by the way" He was still holding my arm but I soon snatch it back.

"Ah hey I'm Kacey" Dusting myself off.

"Nice to meet you, I see you are new in town am I correct?"

"Yeah we just move here, May I ask but are you an alpha?" I know that must sound rather stupid but he has alpha power raiding of him and I already know my mate is the alpha of the pack here unless. They are brothers which would mean he would have alpha blood in him too but the power was raiding really high on him like he was an alpha, not just a bloodline.

"Yeah, I'm alpha of moon dusk pack west of here. I suppose your in Alpha Ollie's pack? since your not from my side of town and aren't a rogue?" Holy crap if he's an alpha and I can tell he's un-mated Ollie was not going to like me talking to him but he seems like a nice guy and I believe we could be good friends. There was something about him that made me keep eye contact with him as he spoke. I just couldn't work out what the heck it was.

"Yeah, well not really. You see my brother is in his pack but we only just moved here so technically we'd have to ask if it was ok to join if my parents decide to actually stay. We move around a lot" Mumbling away to myself. Eyes still connected as a smile appeared on his face it was contagious. Shaking my head out of my thoughts I caught wind of a musky scent it was growing stronger like the person was coming closer to me.

I sucked in a huge whiff of air with my nose high up. I think Layton picked this up as well just then I felt this hand on my shoulder. It wasn't my mum as she disappeared into another shop just seconds ago I caught her from the corner of my eye going in.

Nope, this was the hand of my mate. The one person I dreamt of last night when I finally slept. The one who left this fiery tingle on my cheek making me want more but on my lips.

My chest raised sticking out more as I felt his abs push into my arched back. Those warm tingles where his hand sat on my shoulder only made me want his arms to wrap around me more. I closed my eyes taking in the blissful feeling.

He let out a low growl so the humans could not hear but we wolves could just. I knew this was a warning growl or his protective-ness but there was nothing to fear at all. I'm an understandable person so I just place my hand on top of his to calm him down.

"Hey," I said turning my head sideways to look up at him, I had a soft smile on my face with just being so close to him.

"Hey" He grunted back.