An old friend

The boat rocked back and forth, swaying dizzyingly across the Atlantic Waves. A slight girl approaching 19 stood at the prow on a large British Warship. Her coat and medals gleaming, untouched by the sea spray, black boots polished to the point of looking like metal. Despite the girl's clothing and posture, she didn't seem like a captain of a ship.  Her eyes gleamed a dark electric blue and her hair wilder than the sea itself. She looked more like a pirate than a ship Captain in her majesties Navy.

 As the waves crashed against the ship's hull, rain came down lightly on the deck's surface. All seemed calm, but Thalia Grace wasn't calm. She was waiting because she knew what happened to boats in the middle of the Atlantic Sea. Her boats in the middle of the Atlantic sea. Even if no one else had caught on she had, and she knew it was only a matter of time before that very particular pirate crew showed up and attacked her boat. 

"Captain," a voice said behind her and she was pulled out of her thoughts by a girl with curly blonde hair and stormy gray eyes. She turned to face the girl slowly as if turning her back on the ocean would make them appear.

"Yes, Annabeth?" she asked and the girl clearly took pride in being addressed by the captain.

"I have reports from Leo that all systems have been repaired. We should be fine to land in Canada soon," she said, her eyes gleaming. Thalia nodded with approval, glancing back out at sea, as if expecting them so suddenly appear, before stalking off to her cabin to discuss routes.

"Good, then It's time we decided where we want to dock," she said, Annabeth following close behind her. Thalia liked Annabeth's company, she was a knowledgeable navigator and her skills with a dagger weren't matched by anyone she knew, but the girl could be a bit... absorbed in her tasks. It was hard to keep her attention. 

"Right, we're currently heading north, in hopes of avoiding the Americans, but that also means we're heading into Amazon territory so we must be on high alert," Annabeth began, but, as if on cue, there was an explosion off to the side of the boat. Shaking it much more violently than the waves. Annabeth went sprawling, but Thalia simply stood her ground, reaching for the decorative dagger at her belt. Ropes and snares latched onto the side of the boat and soon the boat was overrun with them.

 Pirates. A boy with wild black hair and even wilder green eyes tackled Annabeth to the ground as she tried to regain her footing. Octavian was dragged from the steering wheel and thrown in front of Thalia. Two others rushed below deck to get anyone else, but none even approached Thalia and she immediately knew which pirate crew was attacking her. She slipped her dagger back into its sheath as the smoke from the blast dissipated and the other boat came into focus.

The boat was at least twice the size of their small supply vessel and much more ornately decorated with gold and purple details. The flag that flew above was a rose with a spear and torch crossed over it. Frank, Hazel, and Valdez were all deposited on the deck just as an elegant figure dropped onto the deck. 

The girl had long black hair braided down her back, and she wore an oversized purple hat. Her coat matched, and her boots were black like night. Old and scarred like they'd seen too many years on the sea to count. Her skin was a warm caramel and her eyes of midnight. She was tall and built like an amazon. She was tall, intimidating, and a shadow in the clouded light. Both crews stared at the pair of captains. British and Pirate, Princess and Queen, friend and friend.

"Thalia Grace, we meet again. On the high seas, again. With two crews of people watching us and a bounty in the bottom of your ship, again. We must stop meeting like this," She said, and god Thalia hated that smug expression. That look of triumph in her eyes that made her skin crawl as well as made goosebumps run down her spine.