Incoming

HOWDY! I know it's been a long time since I wrote this, heck it's been more than a year, but I thought that I should probably give Y'all some heads up. We got a sequel rolling in! That's right, the thing I said I probably wouldn't  do, I'm doing it. We've got a sequel rolling in with action, adventure, a basic understanding of maps, the hunters of Artemis, better character dialogue and understanding, actual plot development, and more lesbians.

So strap yourselves in, because we're about to enter a new era of my improved sense of how writing works.

Still not convinced?! Here's a taste: 

"My, my, my Grace, I expected better from you," a voice chuckles, and Thalia doesn't even have the energy to flip him off.

"Fuck off, Nico." She growls instead and he laughs. The clashing of metal is still ringing all around her as Nico helps her up. He's sporting a new layer of bandages around his scalp and Thalia has a sneaking suspicion where he got it from.

"What's even happening right now?" she asks because she's been wrestling for far too long to keep tabs on how the fight's been going in a broad sense.

"Well, still no sight of their captain, but they haven't stolen anything either, which is odd. I think they're after something specific they think we have," Nico comments and hands her the hilt of a sword she isn't familiar with. She's still grateful, at this point she'll take any weapon she can find.

"They don't seem too concerned with the fact that we're going to be capsized soon," Thalia remarks at the waves which have begun crashing over the sides of the deck with a vengeance, like inky black tongues licking at them.

"We might want to get down there," Nico mutters, watching as Reyna stabs into the girl facing her and there's an outcry from the surrounding hunters, which begin to close in around their fallen comrade, surging towards Reyna with something like the enclosing waves.

"Good call," Thalia says and charges down the steps towards the Captain who currently wrestles at least three different hunters per arm. Dual daggers gleam in the flashing light. Rain thunders down on the deck and swallows them all in its embrace. By the time Thalia makes it to clash with more of the Hunters she's soaked in more water than blood. The screams get louder, ringing in her ears and all she can hear is chaos. Utter and complete chaos. Thunder, lightning, rain, crashing waves, screaming Hunters, metal scraping along metal, metal on skin, metal on wood, crying, yelling, screaming, she's lost in the sound. Lost in the torrent of unending sound that's just closing in around her.