Chapter 21 - The Throne Room

We stepped out of the elevator and I automatically froze. Mt Olympus looked...dead. There were no fire burning in its holder, the windows looked dark, and worst of all the streets were lifeless. The hospital tents were set up in the parks, and I could see demi-gods rushing back and forth. There were also nature spirits there; they were trying to heal people with nature magic songs. All of them looked exhausted, but none of them stopped their work.

When Grover as planting the sapling, the rest of us went around cheering up the refugees. I went on my own after a while to see the Roman side. I couldn't help the guilt that flooded through me when I saw them all bandaged up. It's my fault really; I shouldn't have gotten Camp True Blood into this bloodbath.

Every time I saw one of my campers, I healed them and talked to them. It was weakening me, but I still kept on going. I healed over 10 people and that's when I couldn't continue. I was about to go back to Percy when I spotted Jessie, she's in Apollo cabin. ''Jessie, hey how are you?'' I asked as I ran to her. She gave me a weak smile and said, ''I'm fine''. I sighed and sat next to her. ''Is it true? Did Josh really die?'' she suddenly questioned me.

I felt numbness take over my body, but I managed to nod. A tear escaped from my eye, but I wiped it away with the back of my hand. Jessie started to cry. Jessie and Josh were close; Josh always told me that Jessie was his favourite sister. ''He was a true hero,'' I said and Jessie looked at me with tearful eyes and said, ‘‘When did he-'', ''not that long ago and I gave him a final blessing before he passed away'' I answered.

''Thank you Arya'' Jessie smile but her lips quivered, which made me hug her. I rocked her back and forth in my arms until she had calmed down, and that's when I noticed that Percy, Annabeth, and Grover were gone. I cursed inside my head and said, ''I better get going, I'll talk to you later'', she nodded and said ''bye''.

I didn't bother running; I walked up to the palace instead. I opened the large, bronze doors and I could hear my footsteps on the marble floor. I saw Hestia at the side of the hearth, which was now glowing dimly. Ophiotaurus was in his sphere of water, swimming miserably. Ophiotaurus is one cool monster; he is half-cow and half-serpent. ''Hey, you ok?'' I asked, he looked at me with eyes and mooed.

I smiled and looked back at Hestia, and saw that she was now accompanied by Rachel and Percy. Rachel was by Zeus' throne, but how come I didn't notice Percy? I shrugged it off and walked up to them. ''Percy Jackson. Rachel has told you all she can. Her moment is coming, but your decision approaches even more rapidly. Are you prepared?'' I heard Hestia say.

I was by them now; Hestia nodded and gave me a weak smile. I bowed and said ''Lady Hestia'', ''Arya, I assume you heard what I said to your brother. Your time is also approaching, stay strong'' the Goddess said. I was now confused but I still nodded.

Percy looked like if he was in deep thought so I decided not to interrupt him. That's when I heard, footsteps. I turned around to see Annabeth and Grover; Percy looked funny from the corner of my eyes. ''Percy, should we... um...leave again?'' Annabeth asked with concern. Percy didn't answer her but instead turned to Rachel and said ''You're not going to do anything stupid, are you? I mean...you talked to Chiron, right?''

She faked a smile and said, ‘‘you’re worried about me doing something stupid?''. ''But I mean...will you be ok?'' Percy asked, Rachel shrugged and said ''I don't know. That kind of depends on whether you save the world, hero''. Percy then picked up the Pandora's jar and said ''Hestia. I give this to you as an offering'', I smiled at my brother for his actions.

''I am the least of the gods. Why would you trust me with this?'' the goddess asked, but I knew it was a kind of a test. ''You're the last Olympian. And the most important'' Percy answered. ''And why is that?'' Hestia continued, ''because Hope survives best at the hearth. Guard it for me, and I won't be tempted to give up again'' Percy said. Hestia smiled and took the offering, which began to glow and the fire in the hearth burned brighter. ''Well done, Percy Jackson. May the gods bless you'' she smiled, ''we're about to find out'' Percy said then he looked at me, Annabeth and Grover. ''Come on, guys'' he said and started to walk to Neptune's throne.

I smile and shook my head ''you guys go. I have a few questions that I want to ask Hestia'' I said. They looked at me puzzled but nodded. I sighed and faced the goddess ''Lady Hestia...what do you mean...my time is approaching?'' I asked. She looked at me and said, ''I mean exactly what I said''. I made a funny face but quickly composed it, ''I thought Percy was the child of the prophecy,'' I said with confusion. She nodded and said ''he is...but you have a part to play too. Your...words will...aid Percy in his time''.

Ok, what the heck does that mean? I decided to change the subject then ''I've been having these dreams, but I don't know what they mean,'' I said. Hestia closed her eyes and when she reopened them...they were ancient and full of wisdom. ''Your dreams... They will be starting to make sense. It's not my place to say when and how'' she replied.

I took a deep breath and straightened up my posture. ''Hestia, why didn't the Gods...inform me about the situation in Olympus?'' I asked. She hesitated to answer and when she finally did, she said, ''Zeus thought it would be best''. I grunted and crossed my arms across my chest ''what does he mean by that?'' I said with a little venom. She shrugged and said, ''I don't know''. I thanked her and said goodbye to her.

I then walked up to my little throne and collapsed onto it. My throne was nothing special compared to the gods. It was ivory in colour and it had a symbol on it. A trident and a dove, the outline of the trident was green and for the dove, it was pinky-red. The dove was on top of the trident with its wings stretched out, and I bet you could guess the reason for the symbol. Anyway, the rim of my throne was gold too, to say that I was blessed by the 12 Olympians. It is situated at the very end of the semi-circle overall, I love my throne.

I looked over to my father's throne to see Percy, Annabeth, and Grover there. I was about to get up and walk to them when Thalia marched in. Her bow was broken and she no arrows left, ''you've got to get down there. The enemy is advancing...and Kronos is leading them'' she told us. My blood boiled at the mention of the Titan's name. He's gonna pay...for Mr G, Anna, Josh, Selina and all of the others that lost their lives in this stupid war...

Hey readers, sorry for the late upload :)

My school is gonna start on Monday too, so when it does...I'll be uploading late...sorry :(

I hope you liked this chapter and tell me what you think :D oh and I've started a new story, it's called Living in Forks (Twilight fan-fic) check it out when you have some time :)

comment...vote...fan...love it or hate it

~Addie~

PS: I need 7 votes, 50 reads and 10 comments to upload next :D so please vote, comment and well read lol :D