Chapter 26 - Deal

Helloo people! I'm updating, duh? ;)

Anywhoo, here comes the chapter....

I glanced up at uncle Jupiter through my eyelashes, to simplify what I saw...he looked uncomfortable. ''Please my Lord, she is my mother'', I pleaded. ''Nonsence!'' Venus interupted, ''how can you say that in front for me?'' she continued. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her. Seriously? Now she plays the whole I'm-the-best-mother-in-the-world act.

Neptune sighed and studied me carefully. Then he said, ''why do you want her back so much? You can just summon her now that you are a full High Priestess''. I looked at my father with sad eyes. ''It wouldn't be the same. She raised me to be the person I am today. She cared for me when you guys turned your backs on me'', I whispered, looking down again. I hate using the past as references, but in times like this, I must.

''Look at me child'', dad said. I slowly obeyed. I will not break down in front of everyone, I am much more than that. I will not show this...soft part of me, especially in front of Venus. ''We have already apologised for that Arya. Please don't bring that up again'', he said. ''But it doesn't make the statement any less true, does it?'' I argued back.

I bit my lip nervously and looked at Annabeth and my brother for reasurance. They looked at me with pity but Percy also looked as if he was ready to murder someone. I inhaled deeply and said, ''I only ask for my mother''. Jupiter tilted his head to a side whilst he said, ''I am not sure. Playing with the balance of life is foolish''.

I snapped my head up at that. I felt my face hardening automatically. That was his reason. Really? Ha, that amount of times the balance of life had been knocked to the said was uncountable, mainly because of the gods too. ''Zeus, I think that you are making a big mistake'', Minerva warned eyeing me closer than ever.

It seems as though my eyes were glued to the King of Gods.  How could he do this to me? I am a good warrior, leader and demi-god, I don't understand why he can not do this...one favour from me. ''Is that your final answer?'' I questioned, surprised at the coldness and hardness of my voice. I saw most of the council shift uncomfortably in their thrones, and I also saw some of the demi-gods looking at me with unsettlement in their faces.

Jupiter straightened up and sighed, obviously sensing the change of atmosphere. ''Zeus, you're really not considering this are you?'' Venus asked with disbelief. ''I think he should be considering this matter very carefully'', Mercury said. ''But why? Zeus is correct. We can not disbalance the scale of life and death. And are you forgetting that it is all about one mortal woman?'', Venus replied sweetly.

I tightened my jaw and curled my hands into fists. How. Dare. She. Insult. My. Mum. In. Front. Of. Me. I felt my skin start to tickle slightly and my eyes glow. Oh no, come on Arya, control the anger. ''Shh, calm down Arya. It's going to be ok'', Annabeth spoke up, but her voice was shaking. I took deep breathes and thought of...well anything apart from the egoistic so called Goddess of Beauty and my mother.

''I have never seen you act like this'', Jupiter commented. I bit my lips and remained wordless. ''My Lord, if I may'', Apollo said, standing up. Jupiter nodded so he continued, ''I think that it is only fair if she gets her mother back. I mean, she has certainly earned it and you seem to be forgetting that she is only a child, yet she has recieved such a strong powerful status. She needs that mortal woman, whatever you say my Lord''.