Slade Returns

Let's finish this shall we? Just a few more chapters left.

_______________________________________

"And just where do you think your going?" A voice spoke from behind him.

Nightwing balled his fists and spun around to glare at the voice.

"How do we shut off the bomb?!" Nightwing demanded.

"I'll make you deal." Slade offered. Nightwing was at his edge already.

"I'm not making any deals with you!" Nightwing crossed his arms.

"Oh you haven't even heard it yet." You could almost hear Slade smirking.

"Well?" Slade asked.

Nightwing glared harder. "What. Is. it?"

"I'll give you my location. If, you come alone and don't tell the Titans. If you think you can stop me, be my guest. If you can't, well let's just say for the hostages, today will be there last." Slade chucked. "And if I see one Titan besides you, the bomb blows. So do we have a deal?"
_______________________________________

"So what's the plan?" BeastBoy asked as they neared the park.

"Uh...um...I don't know yet." Cyborg shrugged.

"What do you mean you don't know?!" BeastBoy flailed is arms in exclamation.

"I'll figure it out!" Cyborg almost yelled. Cyborg couldn't think of any good ideas.

"I know who would know how to stop the bomb." Starfire announced. "But we made him stay home." She sighed sadly.

The Titans knew she was right. But there was still hope. "We need to call him." Raven suggested.

"Good idea." Cyborg nodded at Starfire. Starfire pulled out her communicator and called Nightwing.

"He's not answering!" Starfire gasped.

"Try again, maybe he fell asleep or something." Cyborg worried what could have happened to Nightwing. He probably didn't stay home like he said he was going to.

"No answer!" Starfire bit her lip.

"I'm going to try his locater." Cyborg anxiously replied. They were almost to the bomb.

"I've got a signal! Starfire he's at Boston street! Next to the library! Go find him!" Cyborg ordered.

Starfire nodded and flew off.

"Now what?!" BeastBoy gasped at the sight of the bomb.

"We wing it." Cyborg answered as he eyed the bomb.
_______________________________________

Nightwing pulled out his communicator. It wouldn't stop ringing. He was almost there. Only one thing to do. He couldn't believe he was doing this. Nightwing ducked into an alley next to the library and crushed the communicator. Nightwing sighed and left it. He had a plan, and he was sticking to it, and he couldn't involve the Titans no matter what.
_______________________________________

"Robin? Nightwing?" Starfire called out as she peeked into the alley. He wasn't here. But something shiny caught her eye. She carefully walked over to inspect it.

His communicator. Smashed into pieces. "Robin!" Starfire gasped as she picked up the pieces and let them fall through her fingers.

"Cyborg!" Starfire yelped into the communicator.

"Find him Star?" Cyborg answered immediately.

"No! Look!" Starfire showed him the broken communicator.