Take Care of Winchester

A knock on the front door averted Marlena's attention away from the pile of clothes on her bed, and she moved to head downstairs to answer it until Miranda informed her that she had it taken care of. Marlena let out a sigh and continued throwing clothes into her suitcase. Bucky was working on packing away his clothes as well and couldn't help but feel slightly aggravated that Marlena had went out and bought him more during the week; he now had enough clothes to go an entire month without doing laundry.

"Did you really need to go out and buy me more clothes, Marlena?" Bucky asked as he threw several shirts into a suitcase.

"Do you really need to question everything I do for you, Bucky?" Marlena retorted with a sarcastic smile.

He chuckled and shook his head at her. He was more than ready to respond until a voice sounded by the door. Both he and Marlena turned to see Hallie leaning against the door frame, her suitcase in hand and a smirk on her face. She was less than pleased with Bucky's presence, but Miranda had informed her of the situation while she was downstairs, so she refrained from saying anything about it. She wanted to go to Brooklyn with her best friend, and she didn't want to do anything stupid to jeopardize that.

"Your day just got better," Hallie exclaimed.

She threw her suitcase to the floor and smiled at her best friend, holding her arms out for a hug. Despite the fact that she was still rather irritated with Marlena about the whole Bucky situation, she missed her to death. It was unlike the two of them to go a full week without talking or seeing each other. 

Marlena threw her shirt down and hurried over to her friend. She smiled and wrapped her arms around her shoulders, while Hallie wrapped hers around her back. She squeezed as hard as she could, eliciting a pained whir to escape Marlena. Bucky sighed sadly and turned back around, and Hallie immediately let go of Marlena.

"What the hell is wrong with your back?" Hallie asked skeptically, eyeing her friend with worried eyes.

Marlena shrugged and walked back over to hers and Bucky's suitcase. "I fell off of my bed and fractured a very small piece of my spinal column."

Hallie raised a brow and glanced at Bucky before looking back at Marlena. "You fell off your bed?"

It was clear that she didn't believe a word that just came out of her mouth. She knew Marlena was very prone to falling off of her bed in the morning, but she didn't think she could fall hard enough to actually fracture her spine. Her floor was carpeted and her bed was only three feet off of the ground. She knew exactly who was responsible for her best friend's injury, but she refrained from asking about it.

"Yeah, you know how clumsy I can be," Marlena chuckled, "Now are you ready to go? Both of you?"

"I've been ready," Hallie answered.

Bucky only nodded, and Marlena smiled before moving to pick up the suitcase. She wasn't given the chance before Bucky yanked it off of the bed.

"You know I can carry my own things right?" Marlena remarked as she attempted to grab the suitcase from his hands.

He gave her a look and shifted backwards. "Do you really wanna go there?"

It took Marlena a few moments to figure out what he meant by his words, but once she did she let out a scoff and moved to grab her purse from her bed.

"Hey, Hal," Marlena called as she rummaged through her purse for her car keys.

"What do you want, Marbles?"

Marlena smiled at the old nickname and grabbed her keys before turning around to face her best friend. "Remember how you said you always wanted a Jeep?"

"Listen, if you're going to rub in the fact that you have a Jeep and I don't, I'm gonna be—"

"Shut up and listen," Marlena cut her off. "How would you feel about mine being yours for the next six hours?"

Hallie's mouth fell open at the sound of her words. "Seriously? You're actually willing to let me drive your precious Jeep?"

"Only because mom won't let me drive in my condition, and James here doesn't have a license," Marlena answered as she tossed the keys to Hallie. Hallie only squealed and ran out of the room, leaving both her suitcase and her purse behind.

Marlena rolled her eyes and strolled over to grab the two. "I'm always picking up after her."

"Not today you're not," Bucky remarked as he picked up both the suitcase and the purse and fled the room.

"Really?" Marlena called after him. He only chuckled in response and she shook her head before grabbing her purse and heading out of her room.

The moment she was downstairs her mother ran up to her. "I hope this works, Marlena."

"It will, mom, I know it will," Marlena assured her mother.

She smiled and pressed a kiss to her temple. "Please be careful, okay? This is probably the only time in your teenage life that I will ever allow you to go to New York by yourself," Miranda chuckled.

"I'm still surprised you're allowing me in the first place," Marlena snickered.

"Just be careful," Miranda responded as she handed Marlena a credit card. "I expect you to bring me back a souvenir."

"Of course." Marlena gave her mom a gentle squeeze before heading out the door.

Hallie, of course, already had the Jeep started, as well as the radio blaring. Bucky didn't seem too thrilled about it; he was still taking a bit of time trying to get used to twenty-first century music, and the volume wasn't necessarily helping him in that department.

"Wanna turn it down before you bust my speakers, Hal?" Marlena asked as she opened the back door and hopped inside, pulling Bucky with her.

Hallie obliged and turned to look at Marlena, who she assumed to be sitting in the front with her. "And you're just gonna leave me up here alone?" she pouted.

"I was actually planning on sitting in the very back so I could sleep, but seeing as our luggage is back there that doesn't seem very possible," she answered. "Did you teach him how to move the seats?"

Hallie pursed her lips. "Yes, but that's only because I knew you would want to sit back there and sleep like the lazy sloth you are instead of sitting up here with me," she chuckled.

Marlena shook her head and put her seat belt on. "Well, now you get to be alone for five hours," she smirked.

"I don't even care, I'm on top of the world," Hallie exclaimed as she put the car in drive.

"Whatever, just take care of Winchester, please?" Bucky gave Marlena a strange look and she only shrugged in response. She would explain the peculiar normalities of twenty-first century teenagers later. Now, she only wanted to sleep.

"You can count on me, Mar," Hallie assured her before taking off down the street.

Marlena let out a sigh and averted her attention out the window, the only thought on her mind being the blue-eyed man sitting beside her and how desperately she needed this trip to work.