I'm Sharon Carter

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Marlena rubbed the sleep from her eyes and stepped out of the shower, careful not to slip and fall in her tired state. It was nearing noon, but because of not falling asleep until five in the morning, she was absolutely exhausted. All she wanted was to spend the rest of the day sleeping, but she knew she needed to find Steve for Bucky.

Just thinking about Bucky was enough to make Marlena smile widely. She wasn't exactly sure what they were after yesterday's incident, but she knew enough to know that she definitely had feelings for him. They were strong feelings, feelings she was sure she had never felt before, and they were the reason why she was more than willing to put her negative feelings towards the Winter Soldier aside. She knew the risk she was taking by doing such a thing, but she didn't care. She would do absolutely anything for Bucky Barnes, just as he would do absolutely anything for her. They were a packaged deal now, and she refused to let anyone—even the government—take him away from her.

Once Marlena was finally dried off she wrapped her towel around her body and hurried into her bedroom. Bucky wasn't in his normal spot on the couch, so she assumed him to be downstairs, which was a good thing for her.

She threw her undergarments on and ran into her closet to search for a suitable outfit to wear to Steve's. She wanted to make an impression on him, one that didn't make her seem untrustworthy or just another one of his completely insane fans.

After rummaging through her closet for about three minutes, she finally found an outfit worth wearing. She threw on a pair of dark wash blue jeans, a teal-colored tank top with black detailing, a kimono-styled jacket, and her brown ankle boots.

She blow dried her medium-length hair and put on a bit of mascara and foundation before she was finally ready to go.

After grabbing her sunglasses, her purse, her phone, and her car keys, she took off down the stairs. Bucky was sitting on the couch watching I Love Lucy with a small smile on his face. She remembered him telling her that although it took place in the 1950's, watching it gave him a better sense of what his life was like before he fell off the train. It just made Marlena happy to see him regaining his old self back.

"Hey, loser," she greeted him as she sat down beside him on the couch.

He looked over and smiled at her. "Hey, doll."

"Do you think you could watch Mason for me?" she questioned, pursing her lips as a questioning look took over his features.

"Why? Where are you going?" he asked as he took notice of her purse and her keys. He didn't know that she had been planning to meet up with Steve, and she wanted to keep it that way. She wanted their meeting to be a surprise.