Chapter 8

Carter's POV

When my annoying alarm clock had gone off, signaling it was time for me to get my lazy ass up, I was less than excited.

I slugged out of bed and started to get ready. I took a quick shower, and blow dried my hair. I threw on leggings, a sweatshirt, and my converse and ran down the stairs.

"Morning" Jay said, throwing me an apple.

"Wow! You made me breakfast" I held the apple up "Hashtag blessed!" I shouted, putting my fist on my heart.

"Your attempt at teenage humor is sad" he rolls his eyes.

I chuckled "Anyways, gotta go before I'm late to school. Love you bub" I grabbed my back pack and threw it over my shoulder.

"Hey, B" Jay called from the kitchen

"Sup?"

"I'm not coming home tonight"

I shook my head and walked out the door.

The day had gone by quickly, the lessons were the same. Boring and something I already knew. What's the point of school?

I was walking to my car when a hand grabbed my wrist.

"Hey Car-bug"

"oh, hey Zack! You scared me" I chuckled.

"good" he smiled at me. "Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to hangout Friday?"

"Zack.. Are you asking me on a date?" I faked a shocked look.

He blushed, his lips forming a small smile. Dimples. He had dimples. I'm a sucker for dimples.

"I guess so yeah.. If you don't want to its fine, I was just wondering and thought it would be f-"

"Shut up" I groaned "you're intensifying my head ache"

"Sorry" he looked at the ground.

"I'm kidding! Of course I'll go on a date with you"

His head shot up "you will? Oh that's great! I'll pick you up at your house, 8 o'clock" I nodded and hopped into my car.

I pulled into the driveway, shut off my car and went into the empty house.

I guess it's just me tonight.

So, I did what every smart girl does. I connected my phone to the speakers and started jamming out to Twenty one pilots, and my second favorite, trap remixes.

I know, crazy right? I love remixes.

When it started getting dark, I ordered a pizza and watched keeping up with the Kardashians. When my life was boring, I knew I could count on them.

>>>>

(Skip to friday)

I woke up Friday morning giddy for tonight. I, Carter, was going on a date.

Life is crazy.

I took a shower, threw on jeans and a t-shirt, and then ran out the door.