Chapter 15

*picture above is Jay*

Blake's POV

I was speechless, no words. It felt like all of the air in my lungs had vanished and I was living off of absolute emptiness.

"What?" I asked, my voice was hoarse. I wasn't even sure if that was me saying it.

"I said, you're done, gone, forgotten" he smirked at me "I never liked you anyways" then he walked back in Carter's room and slammed the door in my face.

I leaned against the wall for support. It felt like the weight of the world was crushing down on my shoulders, I slid down the wall and brought my knees to my chest.

This could not be happening. The gang was all I had, my family.

Carter's POV

"Jay" I smiled as my older brother walked in.

"Baby sister" He moved a chair to the side of my bed and held my hand "how are you?" His eyes held sincerity.

"I'm better" half truth. Something didn't feel right, it felt off.

"I'm glad to hear that" his smile held lies.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing, everything is great" his smile grew larger.

"Okay.." I wasn't convinced at all.

"I love you so much" he was changing the topic.

"I love you too" I said back suspicious "if something is wrong, you can tell me"

"nothing is wrong, everything is great. Perfect even" he sat on the bed and pulled me into his arms "why don't you get some rest? I'll be here when you wake up"

I decided to let it drop, and closed my
eyes to sleep.

When I woke up two hours later, Jay was not there. The room was empty except for me and my thoughts.

There was no sign of him, nothing that made me think he left just to get a coffee or go for a walk around the hospital. His jacket wasn't on the chair, his car keys weren't on the table.

Even Blake hadn't come back, and he said he would. I was completely and utterly alone. It almost felt nice, almost.

I decided to give Blake a call, just to make sure he wasn't in a freak accident or something.

It went straight to voice mail, so I left him a message.

"Hey, Blake. It's me Carter. I was just calling to make sure you're okay. you said you were coming back but you're not here. Call me back, please." I was silent for a minute hoping he would pick up "okay, I guess I'll talk to you later. Bye" I quickly hung up and slammed the phone onto the bedside table.

As if God had answered my prayers,
there was a small knock on the door. A visitor.

"Come in" I called out.

In walked Lily, a face I was relieved to see. A smiled washed over my face. A genuine one, not fake.

She squealed at the sight of me and ran to my side.

"I missed you!" She tackled me "school has been so boring without you"

"I missed you too" I laughed. She had managed to completely flop my mood in under five minutes.