Chapter 16

*picture above is Lily*

Carter's POV

"What are you doing here?"

His eyes were red and puffy, his words sloppy.

"I came to see you" he grinned at me "God you're beautiful"

"Blake, are you high?" I asked him.

"Hell yeah!" He shouted slamming his hand against the steering wheel.

I groaned. "Damn it. I cannot deal with this right now, Blake"

He frowned "I'm sorry. I just wanted to see you" he started his car.

"No! I can't let you drive" I opened his door and pulled him out.

"Follow me" I grumbled.

Lily had just been standing awkwardly to the side the whole time.

"Open the door, please" I told her.

She quickly jogged to the front door and opened it so I could lead Blake in.

I helped him sit on the couch and turned on the tv.

"Stay here" I told him. Blake gave me a thumbs up and I turned to Lily "watch him"

I walked into the other room and pulled out my phone, quickly typing in Jay's number.

He answered after a few hours "hey"

"Listen, I want to yell at you for leaving me at the hospital but we have bigger issues at hand"

"Let me explain-" he started

"Later. Right now I need your help. Blake showed up at my house high and I don't know what to do"

I heard him whisper a curse word "I'm on my way"

"Thanks" I hung up and put my phone in my pocket.

When I got back to the living room, Blake was passed out in an uncomfortable looking position, and Lily looked pissed.

"I punched him" she growled, glaring at Blake's lifeless lump. "He was ticking me off"

I shrugged "don't blame you" I sat next to her on the couch "want to watch a movie?"

"Clueless?" She smiled.

"Definitely" I agreed "I'll turn it on, you go get snacks from the cupboard"

I had gotten the movie started when Lily came back into the room, her arms full of snacks and drinks. The pile of junk food was so high you couldn't see her face, which I'm sure had a massive grin covering it.

She dropped the food down on the table and plopped down onto the sofa.

"Let's get this party started!" She bounced up and down in her seat.

I started the movie, grabbed a bag of chips, and settled into the couch. This was the first moment of peace I have gotten in a while.

We hadn't got far into the movie before Jay's car had pulled into the driveway.

I quickly stood up from the couch and rushed to the door to meet Jay.

"Where is he?" Jay's rough voice boomed.

"Living room"

He gave me a quick hug before speed walking to retrieve passed out Blake.

I followed after him, wanting to make sure no harm was brought to Blake.

"What are you going to do?" I asked, trying to catch up with Jay.

"I'll make sure he's taken care of" his eyebrows we're knit together, destruction in his eyes.

We reached the living room, and Lily sat up at the sight of Jay. She quickly fixed her rats nest hair, and straightened her shirt.

Something was weird, but I decided to ignore it.

"Let's just keep him here" I tried to persuade Jay.

"I don't want him to be around you" Jay wrapped Blake's arm around his shoulder to try and carry him out.

"We can just put him in on of the spare rooms it's fine"

"No" Jay's face remained completely emotionless.

"Please" my voice cracked. I had began to beg.

Jay noticed that I was upset and stopped walking. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Fine. But if he stays, so do I"

I shrugged "you live here too"

He nodded and half carried half dragged Blake to the upstairs guest room.

>.<.>.<.>.<.>

Hey guys..

I really want to apologize for taking so long to update, and it's an extremely short one.

I've been dealing with a lot like Lacrosse 5 days a week, 2 high school classes (I'm still in middle school), my boyfriend & friends.

I'm trying my best to post more chapters but I have less time do it.

Thanks for 41k reads!! Love you guys