M I C H A E L

Leigh's POV

I woke up, and guarded my eyes from the harsh sunlight that emerged from my window. Michael opened my door slowly.

"Oh, you're awake." he said blandly.

Michael hasn't been the same since the funeral. He has been really drained and depressed. He has started to go out drinking every night, and comes home drunk. He hasn't dyed his hair in a long time, so his hair is faded and greasy. He hasn't shaved in weeks, so his stubble might as well be a beard. His eyes are always bloodshot, and he has bags under his eyes. He hardly ever changes out of pajamas, so he wears the same dirty clothes for days until Ashton tells him to change.

He's a wreck, and I hate seeing him like this. He seems so...empty, like he is missing something big, which he is.

"Michael," I said lowly, "why do you keep going out?"

He stood there and stared emotionless, and then took a deep breath.

"Cause I can." he answered in an irritated tone of voice.

I felt myself become hurt by his words. He acts like he doesn't care about me, and to think, I was finally feeling accepted...

You will never be accepted...

Maybe it's right

Of course I am

Why are you back? I thought you left?

I thought you figured it out

What do you mean?

I only exist if you let me

I'm not a monster Leigh, I'm you

Don't you get it? As long as you doubt yourself I exist

But you're too stupid to figure that out on your own

Michael left the room, and closed the door lightly.

I stood up, and got ready for the day.

After I was dressed, I went downstairs.

As I walked down the stairs, I noticed Ashton sitting on the couch, talking on the phone.

I walked slower, trying to listen.

A: Yeah...Mhmm........No, he's just..........oh, hello Leigh.

I realized he was talking to me.

"Hi." I said as my voice cracked.

He told the person bye, and patted next to him on the couch.

"You seem sad." he said softly.

"Well no fucking duh, she fucking lost her dad." Michael exclaimed angrily.

Ashton shot a glare at Mikey, but Mike just continued pouring his cereal.

"Ignore him," Ash said, "he's just being an ass, but what's new?"

Michael then threw his cereal bowl on the ground, and it shattered.

We turned our heads quickly in his direction, and he stood there with his head dropped low and showed no emotion.

"Michael whAT THe fUCk?" Ash yelled.

Michael looked up, and had a suspicious smile.

"I'll be in my room." he said with wide eyes and a smile.

He stared at us for a few more seconds, then went upstairs with no change in expression