All The Right Moves- Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I walked the usual 43 steps to get to it. I noticed this time around that there were more flowers than usual. For it being winter, hardly anyone ever came and I typically didn't but I felt that this visit was needed.

Especially now that I was in a relationship.

I crouched beside the black plate on the floor and took out the wilted flowers from the hole and placed the new set of flowers I'd just bought in place.

I traced my hands over the engraving and closed my eyes.

I let out a deep sigh before talking.

"Four years going on five and I still manage to find myself in this rut of mine since you came along."

"I used to never be able to find a way out of this and I hope that now... I can finally start to move on. Especially since I actually start to feel that I'm already doing so. I honestly never thought I could jump back into the dating world after us but here I am. I managed to prove myself wrong, again. But I'm glad that I did under this circumstance."

"As much as I loved you, we were never good for each other and I know you knew that too. I'm not here to apologize again for how we ended everything, I'm pretty sure you're sick of me coming here and repeating my plead every time." I said letting out a soft chuckle before continuing.

"I know that no matter how much you wanted me and you to work, you also wanted me to be happy. I think I can finally say that I've taken the first step other than my job towards that. I just really hope I don't screw it up. For the first time in a while I feel that things are different. I can't explain it but I know that this isn't like the other times when I dated after you to try and get over you. The fact that I've gone as far as I have this time around... its just proof of how real this is all becoming."

"I guess I just came here for some clarity as in whether or not I was ready for this and I think I am. I feel it. And I know that you may not approve of us but I know that you wanted me happy and I am happy. I hope you've found your happiness too Wesley. I do miss and love you." I said standing up from the grave and walking back to my car.

I turned the heat on blast in my car and cruised away from the cemetery and drove towards Blake's and Ethan's.

************************************

"Do you ever wonder what would've happened if you never came back from Cali B?" I asked Blake as I sat on a barstool as she continued making Clay his food.

Blake laughed before responding, "I have and I honestly have no clue how things would've played out. I probably would be a wild, wild one right now to say the least."

"Or maybe you would've been with Chase." I said grinning.

She shot me glare but lifted the corner of her lip upward, "You know how to irritate me Char."

"I know, and you know I'm only kidding." I said laughing.

The main door opened and in came Clay who was running to his mom in the kitchen.

"Mommy! Ellie won me this." He said holding up a glow in the dark foam football.

Blake crouched on the floor and kissed him hard on his cheek before looking at the football, "That was nice of Ellie. Did you say thank you to her before you dropped her home?" Blake asked standing upright.

"Yes. Auntie Tigo look!" Clay said when realizing I was there. He ran to me and held out his hands ushering me to pick him up.

I picked him up and placed him in my lap just as Drew and Ethan walked in the kitchen.