All The Right Moves- Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Drew

I glared at her, returning her confused expression.

"What?" I asked her.

She tightened her hand in mine, "Wesley. He isn't here. Where is he?"

I felt Blake's arms around my shoulders.

I could sense Ethan's eyes glaring into the side of my face.

I knew that he was experiencing the same confusion as I was.

The doctor shot us an unknowingly look.

"Charlie, do you know who's in the room with you right now?" He asked.

"Of course I do. Blake, Ethan and Drew." She replied.

He nodded his head in approval, "Do you know how old you are?" He asked.

"I'm 19." She responded confused.

I felt my jaw clench.

What the f*ck was going on?

I noticed Dr. Villani examining her charts before speaking.

"Can you tell me what the last thing you remember is?" He asked, ushering for her eyes to follow the path of the flashlight he was shining at her.

"Us 4 were in Blake's basement watching a movie. We had just come back from celebrating Blake and Ethan's engagement. An altercation with Wesley happened at the restaurant," She told the doctor, following his directions.

"You don't remember anything else after that?" I asked needing clarification.

She focused her attention to me before speaking, "No."

I bit my lip and as if Dr. Villani sensed my frustration, he began to speak.

"I'm going to ask that you three step outside for just a few minutes while we talk to Ms. Hale for a few minutes, alright?" He asked urging for me to stand.

I shook my head in disagreement, "She just woke up. I'm not leaving her." I told him, not wanting to leave Charlie's side.

"Drew man, just come outside for a second." Ethan said, nudging on my arm to follow him and Blake outside of the room.

I looked at Charlie, trying to read her facial expression.

"Drew, I'm fine. Just go outside for a few and try not to hit on any of the nurses." She joked.

I clenched my fists by my side.

That hit me like a ton of bricks.

Charlie hadn't made one of those comments since we got together.

She had no idea.

As if sensing something was majorly off, she cleared her throat, snapping my attention away from her to the door where I walked out of the room.

Blake and Ethan had been whispering softly to each other right outside but stopped when I closed the door behind me.

Blake's face had concern written all over it but Ethan's expression was more level headed.

"We have to wait and hear what the doctor says before we jump to any conclusions," Ethan stated.

I crossed my arms across my chest and let out an exasperated sigh.

"I'm so grateful she woke up. But I don't know what's going on in that head of hers right now. She thinks I'm out here hitting on the nurses," I told them.