All The Right Moves- Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Drew

"Shit man you stink," Vince stated from beside me.

"That's hard work for you," I responded slapping his shoulder.

"Go shower, your wife is going to leave your ass if you go home smelling like that." Vince stated shaking his head.

That was the plan.

Practice had been killer today.

I had put in triple the amount of effort than normal, knowing that I had to keep pushing myself now that the season was fast approaching.

After showering, I went back to the field to say hello to several fans that came out to see us practice.

I noticed many kids running to me and I laughed.

One day it would be my own little army running to me like that.

"Hi buddy, what's your name?" I asked a brown haired boy holding out a football to me.

"I'm Austin," He stated shyly.

"Austin is this your sister?" I asked him as a girl stood behind him shyly.

"This is Evelyn," He stated, nudging her to come to the front.

"You want me to sign this for you two?" I asked as I crouched down.

They both nodded their head eagerly.

I smiled at the two of them and signed it for them and gave each of them a hug.

They immediately ran back to their mother who was beaming taking photos of the interaction.

I spoke to a handful of other people for about fifteen minutes before looking at the clock on my phone.

I noticed I had several missed calls from Charlie.

That was unlike her, she definitely didn't reach out like this while I was at practice.

Ringing her back, she answered almost immediately.

"Hi babe, what's up? I asked.

"Hey," She sounded out of breath.

"You working out or something bub?"

She let out a nervous laugh on the phone, "Something for sure. Just promise me you won't freak out."

That caught my immediate attention, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. The baby is fine. Just a small mishap is all," She added.

I immediately left the crowd and began walking back to the locker room to grab my shit.

"Charlie..." I warned.

She let out a small sigh, "A car might've hit mine when I went to do something at work. I'm okay though."

I full on about started sprinting to my car when she spoke.

"What do you mean a car hit you? Where are you? How long ago did this happen?" I asked as I reached my car, throwing my bag in the backseat.

"I don't want you to freak out. I just saw several photographers at the scene as the ambulance arrived," She stated before I interrupted.

"The ambulance?! Charlie where the hell are you?" I asked.

I felt like throwing up.

The last time I had a phone call like this was after her accident from Blake.