All The Right Moves- Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"El I swear if you don't quit getting taller, I'm forever scaring your friends away. That's it. No more," Drew said messing up his sister's hair just as we left the arcade.

I noticed Ellie roll her eyes, "I'm about to be 13 in a few months, the time where girls my age change. Get used to it." She stated surprising us both. I couldn't help but laugh.

The girl had sass and I loved it.

"Oh god. This isn't happening," He said in horror.

"What?" Ellie and I both asked at once.

"I've been gone so much these last few months my baby sister was kidnapped and some psycho teenage Tiger wannabee took her place," He said causing the both of us to slap him on some part of his body.

"I say we ditch Superstar here and finish the rest of the night to ourselves. What do you think El?" I asked crossing my arms and stopping just as we reached the car.

Ellie looked at her brother to make sure he was paying attention, "I've always wanted you as a sister, why couldn't you and him have switched spots? I'm good with that!" Ellie replied causing me to bob my head back and laugh.

Drew would for sure be hating on this right now.

"Yeah yeah, good thing you're stuck with both huh smart mouth?" He asked picking Ellie up and throwing her across his shoulders.

"Down Drew! I'm too tall for you to be doing this!" Ellie squealed.

He set her down after a few seconds of running around the parking lot with her in that position.

"You'll never be too tall for me to do that. Now get your ass in the car before I leave you and your wish-I-had-sister in this lot," He said opening the back seat door for her.

"One day, I'll end up getting both. The brother, I have, just the sister part," She stated before winking at him.

This girl seriously grew not only physically, yet so much more mentally over these last few months and Drew was finally noticing.

I noticed Drew smiling as he shut the door and winked at me.

I shot him a smile back before getting into the passenger seat.

***************************************************

"When do you go back to work?" I ask Drew as I plopped on the bed beside him.

He turns over so that he could face me as we talked.

"Our last pre-season game was yesterday so the season starts next week. I need to be with the team on Wednesday in preparation for Sunday' game." He stated ushering me to get closer to him.

"Ah, the dreaded season is upon us." I stated with comical theatrics.

He chuckled at my response, "It'll go by, and before you know it, it will be round two."

"It's a good thing I'll be seeing you more than I would've this season. When is the children's charity event again?" I asked as my head rested on his chest, his fingers combing my hair.

"Mid-October. You'll be with us that Tuesday 'til the rest of the week for sporadic meetings with the hospitals as well as coordinating the auction and what not." He replied softly.

"Maybe we can auction you off, see who can handle the Superstar and all of his madness." I stated before laughing.

That caused him to lift my chin up and kiss my lips softly. "Not a damn person could handle my ass. Only a fool could ever."