All The Right Moves- Chapter 9

Chapter 9

July, 4 months later...

"I don't know how you did it. It's so lonely without you here. What made you want to get this big of a house anyways?" I said into my phone as I finished putting on my shirt.

"I know, I miss you. We have three weeks left though. I don't know how I'm going to manage." Drew said from the other side of the line.

"Your smell is officially starting to fade from our pillows. I'm hating that probably the most that you're not here." I responded before laying on the bed and grabbing the pillow I was obsessed with since Drew had left.

"You make sure to lock the gate right? As well as checking the doors and the security system before bed? I don't know why you didn't let me hire at least a gate keeper for when I'm gone." Drew said strained.

"I have my pepper spray to kill any bad guys, don't you worry," I said trying to lighten the subject. This was something he always brought up and it always led us to the same conclusion in that I would be fine.

"How about you come visit me for the weekend? It would sure give a man some peace of mind." He said as I heard shuffling from his end.

"You know I have the Monique Lhuillier fashion show event I have to coordinate in DC this weekend." I said as I heard the alarm system buzz.

"What's that? Charlie who's in the house? My god I knew I should have never left you alone there. Okay go into the door I told you to go in in case this shit ever happens. I'm on-"

"Whoa whoa whoa Superstar, no ones intruding. I'm going out to lunch." I said laughing at his outburst.

"I swear to god I was halfway to the parking lot. Why did the alarm system sound as if someone broke in?" He asked anxiously.

"First off, take a deep breath for me. I promise you I'm fine. And I have it on just a little louder since I'm the only one here. See? I take precautions. Don't worry about me." I said putting on my shoes and hurrying down the steps with my phone in my hand.

"I'll always worry about your goofy ass." He replied just as Ethan walked through the door.

"You ready?" He asked while I finished putting my shoes on.

"Who's ready? Charlie what man is in my house right? So help me god if its not either Clay or Ethan, I'm getting in my car and driving over right now." Drew responded.

I laughed, "Ethan, your best friend wants to kill you right about now."

Ethan looked at me and laughed, "Well then his dumbass should've never became a famous football star then."

"Tell that piece of shit I heard him, and that he's not the only man in his wife's life you know," Drew responded through the phone as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll call you once I come home. Have fun in the weight room, check out some guys for me will you?" I said punching in the security code by the door with Ethan trailing behind.

"As long as you're not the one checking them out. Be safe, have Ethan walk you inside the house tonight, and call me the second he leaves. I miss you." Drew replied seeming much more relaxed than the rest of our conversation.

"I will, and I miss you too. Bye babe," I responded.

"Bye Tiger," and with that, we both hung up just as I exited the house with Ethan.

"Were you always this protective of Blake?" I asked walking towards his car.

Ethan looked at me and chuckled, "You have no idea."