All The Right Moves- Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Tell me why they believed that throwing a gala in New York was a good idea when they all are based in the metropolitan area?" Kenna said just as I was finishing zipping my gown.

"Make it more luxurious I guess," I replied before walking over to the full length mirror in our hotel room.

I had booked us one room figuring that I'd end up being with Drew tonight anyways rather than booking us two separate rooms as I usually did.

"Is your hot ass best friend still upset you couldn't make it tonight?" She asked before really looking at me.

"Damn boss, you look fire!" She said beaming at me.

I laughed, "Thank you. And he's beyond upset that I told him that I couldn't make it. I can't wait to see his face when he sees me tonight."

"He's going to shit his pants you know. So not fair for the poor but not so poor guy." She replied fanning herself making me laugh even more.

I was wearing an apple red slimming gown that hugged my small frame. It was skin tight all the way down and had a long train and sleeves that were tight and off the shoulders. It was beyond elegant.

"Sexy loose hairdo you got going on there, you're really trying to make the guy die aren't you?" She asked tossing a pillow at me.

I caught the pillow and chucked it back at her.

"Something like that," I said just as she dodged my throw.

"The gala began about an hour ago, you should go now if you want to catch him," Kenna stated laying on the bed.

I turned around and looked at her before speaking, "Kenna, we're in New York. I didn't give you and the crew the leniency of today to sit in a hotel room. Go out, have fun. I'll be at the party so I'll make sure things run smoothly and I hired a post production team to take care of the post-gala chaos. Now get up, get dressed, and leave this hotel room."

"Is that an order?" She asked amused.

"Yes, and if you don't listen, you're fired." I said grabbing my clutch just as I was headed to the door.

I made sure that my bags were placed right by the door before opening it, "Oh and don't wait up on me tonight. I'm having a bellhop take my things to Drew's room tonight so enjoy your lonesome night or your one-night stand, whichever one works." I said just as I existed the door.

I took my phone out of the clutch and scanned through my texts and noticed Drew had sent a few. Rather than replying, I hit call just as I entered the elevator.

"Tiger, I miss the hell out of you." He said answering the call.

I smiled, "I miss you too. What's my guy doing answering his phone when he should be at some prestige party right about now?" I asked trying to get clues as to where and what he was doing at the exact moment.

"I actually just got came down from my room. Convenient how we're staying at the location. I'm in the ballroom right now and it is incredible, Beauty and the Beast like. Wish I had my princess with me here though," He said as I began to hear the music in the background through the call.

"Beauty and the Beast type of room? That must be an exaggeration." I lied. Since I had gone to the room to make sure the production companies were all there, I had indeed realized that the ballroom was so elegant and fancy. Grand staircase that led to a huge dance floor with tables surrounding it all.