All The Right Moves- Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Drew! Hurry that ass, we don't want to be late!" I shouted from our kitchen.

He had returned from travelling for football just two days ago and had a short 3 day weekend with no games or practices.

He was seriously lucky that his team wasn't the typical team to play on Thanksgiving so Coach decided to let everyone have some family time.

I was cherishing every minute of it.

"My sexy ass is ready. Let's go!" he said grabbing my hand and heading out the door.

"Happy Thanksgiving everyone!" I said as both Drew and I entered Blake's mother's home.

It was tradition and we managed to keep it alive by coming every year to celebrate with our families.

"Well look who decided to show up! I haven't seen this gorgeous face in months!" Blake's mother, Rachel claimed as she walked up to us.

"Thanks Rachel, but try not to hit on me. My girl is kind of standing beside me and she's a bit on the crazy side." Drew responded moving his finger in a circular motion to indicate I was a lunatic.

I nudged his ribs, "Ouch, babe." He stated fake angrily at me.

Rachel rolled her eyes and placed her arm around my shoulder.

"Although I love you two together, sometimes I question that boy." She stated in my ear as we walked in front of him.

"Heard that!" He shouted over the music causing us both to laugh.

"Let's get you situated. Food is about to be served so we will catch up after dinner. Don't you dare leave til we chat lady!" Rachel lectured just as she scurried to greet other guests.

"I'll try not to!" I replied.

That would most likely not happen as Rachel always got rowdy when her friends were here.

After joining Blake, Ethan, and Drew at our usual seats and eating dinner, we spent a little time with Drew's parents and his sister catching up.

"Charlie, you need to come back to the house! Last week wasn't enough. I need some major tips on a few things." Ellie told me before shooting me a glare.

I had visited Drew's family home just last week as I missed them and it seemed as if Ellie wanted some serious boy talk.

I shot her a knowing look and smiled.

"Oh, okay!" I said before glaring at Drew to see if he noticed.

He shot me a confused look before I spoke, "El, come with me." I said grabbing her hand and taking her to the movie room in the basement.

I sat us both on my favorite mattress, "What's going on?" I asked.

"Well you know I've had this huge crush on Scott and I can't tell my parents or they'll freak out saying I'm too young and well we are but we don't want anything more than to just hang out and we can't seem to do that without me telling Mom and Dad and well then comes that comes telling Drew and he could never find out and neither can mom and dad-"

"Breathe Ellie! Breathe girl," I responded, noticing her frustration.

She let out a big breath, "I guess I'm just saying that I really don't want to tell anyone about this. Drew will ruin it and I know Mom and Dad will hover me. Scott is really cool and we just want to hang out is all."

"Okay, well first things first. I am so happy that you've spoken up about this. You shouldn't be too worried about your parents, they love you and want you to be happy. As for Drew, he doesn't need to know right now but I promise you, he wants you to be happy." I told her reassuringly.