10; human

The car came to a complete stop. "How am I human?" Aubrey started to freak out. She didn't remember what it was like to be human. "Are you sure?" Stefan sniffed the air, he smelt her blood. "Yep." Damon answered the question as he also sniffed the air. "How is this even possible!" Aubrey was terrified.

*four weeks later*

Aubrey woke up to another vampireless day. She missed being a vampire but didn't at the same time. The blood lust was horrendous but the speed and the strength was amazing.

Aubrey got out of the bed taking off her shirt to change into something for the day. Suddenly a voice came from her window. "Wow." Aubrey quickly grabbed the closed item to her covering her body. "Malachai!" Aubrey screamed. "My little Aubarry, I've missed you." The brunette rolled her eyes at Kai's nickname.

Aubrey ran into the bathroom and pull a shirt on. She came out to see Kai sitting on her bed. "Took long enough." He yawned not making eye contact with her. "I'm human!" Aubrey walked closer to Kai. "I know, I made you human." When Kai said that he sounded proud of what he had done. "What the fuck? Why!" Aubrey yelled back she was not happy with Kai. "I didn't want to date a vampire!" He laughed like everything was one big joke.

Aubrey broke down, falling onto the floor. "You gave me copd!" Tears streamed down her face. "What?" Kai had no idea what she was talking about. "A disease where you short of breat-" before she got finished she stopped breathing. Gasping for air. Kai freaked out. "Aubrey? Aubrey!" He picked her up carrying her into the living room where Elena and Damon were. "Oh my god!" Elena shouted seeing Aubrey gasping for air.

Damon grabbed her body and ran toward the hospital. It was just like when they found out she had copd. But this time was worse. Damon stood out of the room hugging Elena and Kai sat down quietly. All they could hear was the doctors yelling clear. Caroline quickly ran to Elena hugging her as Matt and Tyler followed behind her. The two girls both cried and were soon joined by a third, Bonnie.

––

"That was a close one." A voice spoke. Aubrey's eyes opened. Seeing the doctor and all of her friends around her. "She can't get to excited or too scared or she will become short of breath again."

When the doctor finally left Damon ran to Aubrey's side. "What happened?" Damon pushed the hair out of her face. Aubrey looked over to Kai. Damon noticed who she had her eye on. He didn't seem to happy when he looked over at Kai. Damon dragged Kai out of the room.

"At least your okay now." Caroline smiled as tearing fell down her face. "I love you guys." Aubrey was happy to be sorrowed by people she loved when she was at her worst.

Kai and Damon walked back in. It was much after when Damon pulled everyone else out leaving her and Kai alone.

"Hi." Kai walked closer to the brunette. She smiled at him. "I didn't mean to hurt you." He bent down to her side. "It's okay i lo-" before Aubrey could finish Kai knew what she was gonna say. "I don't love you, Aubrey."