14; conflicted

A week before the wedding...

Aubrey tried on her dress for the millionth time. She loved the way it flowed to the ground. It was silky and lacey. It made Aubrey want to get married.

"Ready?" Damon walked in. They were suppose to be going to help Jo organize the wedding, like make sure they were sending the right about of flowers, and her shoes! They still haven't come in. "No." Aubrey smiled as she looked down at her dress.

She quickly ran into the bathroom taking it off and putting on leggings and a crop top. She came out to see no Damon. He was probably waiting in the living room she thought. She was correct, when she made it to the living room he was drinking a bottle of bourbon. "Let's go." He walked towards the door.

They both got into the car, Elena was already in there. Aubrey sat in the back, she didn't talk the whole ride she just played on her phone.

When they made it Jo ran out giving us jobs imitatively. "Thank you!" She said before taking off after assigning them jobs. Aubrey had the job of counting the cutlery and the plants. There were 270 forks, 299 spoons, and 189 knifes. Aubrey thought that was a large number for such a smile wedding. Jo said she wanted the wedding to be small but Aubrey didn't know her idea of smile.

Aubrey was just happy Kai wasn't here to mess up everything. Like destroy the place or kill someone. Aubrey made her way to the kitchen where she saw Jo talking to...you guess it, Kai.

"Why is he here?" Aubrey asked Jo. "Because I'm going to the wedding." Aubrey rolled her eyes. "No! Kai leave." Aubrey let them fight. She walked out of the room collecting the cutlery. She still had to count the plates and the bowls.

Aubrey sat down and began to count. Once she was at 50 Kai interrupted her making her loose count. "What do you want." Aubrey placed the plates down. "Nothing, because Jo agreed to let me come." He smiled.

Aubrey ignored his annoyingly cute smile. "Nice." She turned away from him picking up the plates and started to count. He kissed her on the cheek and left the room.

Aubrey didn't no where he emotions were, sometimes she hated him and others, she loved him. She was truly conflicted and confused.

She didn't understand how she could love a psychopath murder, but she did, at least most of the time.