Chapter 3

Present Day

Present Day

Rebekah Mikaelson stepped into the bar and glanced around at the growing number of college kids. She had traveled a few towns over to avoid suspicion and so as to avoid any involvement of the Mystic Falls gang. Over the past few hours, an increasing amount of kids had entered the bar. Rebekah figured that she should wait until it was at least semi dark before she grabbed anyone.

Shaking off her thoughts she walked over to the bartender and sat on a stool. "Bourbon, please." She asked, causing the man to smile tightly at her before turning to get the drink.

It wasn't long after she got her drink before one of the college boys approached her.

"I haven't seen you around here before." He said as he sat on the stool next to her. Rebekah downed her drink before turning to the boy. He had light blond hair and dark brown eyes. His jaw was angular and his lips were turned into a confident smirk.

Rebekah stretched a smile across her face before she licked her lips. "I'm new in town." She turned on her charm. "I heard this is where everyone goes to have fun."

The boy nodded as if agreeing with her statement. "My name is Jackson." He held his hand out for her and Rebekah took it, causing his smirk to grow wider. "Look, my friends over there." He pointed and Rebekah looked back to see three boys watching them with interest. "They made a bet that I wouldn't get your number. Can you help me win the bet?"

Rebekah pulled her hand from his grasp and ducked her head before looking back up at him seductively. "I can do you one more." She said before standing and taking a few steps from him. She stopped and peered over her shoulder with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. "Are you coming?"

The boy got up entirely too quickly and Rebekah forced herself not to roll her eyes. She began walking again, pausing only to wave at his friends before walking out the front of the bar. Once outside, she waited for the boy to follow her before she pushed him against the side of the building.

Anyone passing by would believe that they were about to have a make out session; the smile was so wide on the boy's face.

Rebekah allowed herself a sigh before she looked deep into his eyes and began talking. "You will not scream. You will pretend that everything is normal and you will do exactly as I say."

"I will do exactly as you say." He repeated in a robotic voice. Rebekah nodded with satisfaction before stepping back.

"Now follow me to my car, Jackson." She said before she took off walking, the boy following diligently behind her.

~~~

From: Elijah
I am back in town

Katherine Pierce stared at that single message for a few long minutes. Just the thought of Elijah back in the same town as her made her heart race. She shook her head slightly to get the thought of her ex-boyfriend out of her mind. She knew that she should be more angry with him.