Chapter 7

Katherine Pierce slowed down as she neared the Mikaelson mansion

Katherine Pierce slowed down as she neared the Mikaelson mansion. On one hand she couldn't wait to see her best friend again but on the other hand she was apprehensive. She did not want to see Klaus face to face today. Or next week. Or next month. To be perfectly honest, Katherine didn't want to see Klaus anytime soon.

But Katherine sighed and walked, at a human's pace, to the front door. She rang the doorbell once and knocked slowly before stepping back a little on the steps.

The door swung open and the very man that Katherine didn't want to see stood in the doorway. He looked her up and down with narrowed eyes before settling his gaze onto her uncertain ones.

"Katerina." He said simply. "I suppose you've heard the good news." Katherine nodded and Klaus smirked at her. "I was advised by my lovely sister not to touch you." He paused and stepped a little closer to her, the smirk dropping from his face and his eyes becoming deadly. "But be warned, Katerina, if you so much as think about harming my family I will kill you. No more running."

Katherine swallowed thickly before nodding her head. "I just want to see my best friend." She muttered and Klaus nodded and took a step back, making space for her to walk into the house.

"Then come on in." Katherine stepped into the mansion and stood, looking around the foyer. Klaus closed the door behind her and then cleared his throat slightly. "They're in Rebekah's room. Up the stairs, third room on the right." Klaus then walked away and left her alone.

Of course, Katherine knew where Rebekah's room was. She had been in this mansion multiple times, visiting Elijah, but Klaus didn't know that. He didn't need to know that.

Katherine let out a breath of air and flashed up the stairs. She stopped outside of Rebekah's closed room door and listened. She heard two voices talking, that of Rebekah's and the second was unmistakably that of her best friend. A huge smile stretched onto Katherine's face as she pushed the door open and stepped into the room.

Dresses of various colors were strewn over the room as if the siblings were struggling to find the perfect one for whatever occasion. Katherine slowly looked around the room with furrowed eyebrows because the dresses were not ones you would generally wear on an every day basis or to a club. The dresses that they were searching through were the fancy ones to be worn at balls and dances.

"You're not even going to say hi?" Katherine heard and turned to see Erikah Mikaelson looking at herself in the mirror. She was trying on a long yellow dress with a high slit up her right leg. "Do you think this dress suits me?" Erikah finally turned to face the brunette.

Katherine's breath hitched in her throat before she sighed and smiled at the blonde. "I don't think yellow is your color." Katherine replied and Erikah nodded. "Also, hello. I've missed you."

Erikah stripped off the dress and walked closer to Katherine. Once she was close enough she pulled the brunette vampire into a hug. "I've missed you too, Kat." She said as she tightened her grip around Katherine's neck.