Chapter 10

Erikah Mikaelson hummed to herself as she moved around the kitchen, preparing breakfast for her family

Erikah Mikaelson hummed to herself as she moved around the kitchen, preparing breakfast for her family. The trivial task was helping to take her mind momentarily off the ball that was taking place in a few hours.

She just couldn't get over the flutter in her stomach when she thought about seeing Damon again or the anger that surfaced when she thought about the fact that he was with the doppelgänger.

"Well, what do we have here?" Erikah turned away from the griddle for a second to see Katerina standing in the entryway of the kitchen. "Are you making breakfast for everyone?"

Erikah turned back to the pancakes and flipped them before turning back to her best friend. "Yes. I was adding the herbs and spell to the alcohol that will be used at the ball and thought I'd do something nice." She explained. "It's the first time in a long time that we have gotten this close to being all together."

"Herbs?" Katerina asked in confusion.

Erikah turned back to the griddle and removed the perfectly cooked pancakes. "A mixture of Burdock and Angelica. When enhanced by the right spell they limit the effectiveness of ingested vervain."

"So Klaus, Kol, and you can undo your compulsion."

"Exactly, my dear Katerina." Erikah used a knife to cut a piece of a pancake and picked it up with a fork before turning to face Katerina. "How does this taste?"

Katerina took the fork from her and shoved the piece of pancake in her mouth. She chewed for a few seconds before a smile broke out on her face. "I would know the taste of blood anywhere."

Erikah chuckled and grabbed the fork back from the brunette. "I may or may not have added some to the batter."

"You really are spoiling us." Katerina stated and sat at the island.

"Who's spoiling who?" Kol asked as he sped into the kitchen.

"Erikah is making breakfast for everyone." Katerina answered as Kol crowded behind his sister. Erikah turned to her brother with narrowed eyes as he reached his hand over and grabbed a slice of bacon.

"If you touch anything else I will break your hand." Erikah hissed before turning back to the pancakes. He chuckled from next to her and grabbed another piece of bacon.

Erikah simply narrowed her eyes at her brother and he fell to the ground with a yell. She continued the aneurysm as she shifted her focus back to the food.

"What's with the shouting?" Nik asked as he and Rebekah arrived into the kitchen. "Oh." He said once he saw Kol on the ground clutching his head.

"What's going on?" Rebekah directed her question at Erikah and Katerina.

"He stole bacon from the plate even after she warned him." Katerina answered with a slight laugh.

"I'm sorry." Kol gasped out through the pain and Erikah just turned to him with a raised eyebrow. He had stopped screaming and was now just writhing in pain, his finger tips pressing against his temples in an attempt to at least ease the pain. "You are my favorite sister and I will listen to whatever you say from now on."