Chapter 14

Stefan Salvatore paced the length of the parlor as he waited for the rest of his friends to show up

Stefan Salvatore paced the length of the parlor as he waited for the rest of his friends to show up. He still hadn't revealed the letter that Erikah had written to her family and he just knew that they were beginning to suspect that there was something up.

Ever since he had gotten the letter he had been avoiding the Mikaelson mansion. He had spent a majority of the next day holed up in his room, also avoiding his brother and Elena.

Stefan's phone buzzed again and he sighed loudly before pulling the device out of his pocket.

From: Bekah
Are you ok
I haven't seen you since late yesterday
Get back to me when you're free.

Stefan quickly shoved his phone into his pocket as the front door of the Boarding House was opened and closed. He looked up to see Caroline and Bonnie enter, followed by Tyler.

Caroline's eyes immediately found Stefan's and she gave him a look of confusion. Stefan simply nodded his head and went and got himself a drink.

"Ok, Lockwood. Why'd you call us all here?" Damon asked after a silence had fallen over the group. Stefan quietly sipped from his glass as he took a look around the room.

Damon stood near the couch, back leaned against the wall and arms crossed. Elena seemed to be hovering around him and Stefan could pinpoint a slight annoyance in his brother's gaze. Matt Donovan stood apart from the couple, his eyes glued on Caroline with a look like he was trying to decipher a puzzle. Jeremy was standing right next to Matt, looking like he wanted to be anywhere else.

Stefan couldn't say he was shocked. Caroline did seem different—more confident, surer of herself. Older even. And knowing everything he now knew made her transition from Caroline Forbes to Caroline Mikaelson easier for him to comprehend.

For the human, however, Stefan could only imagine what was going through his mind.

Stefan gulped down a mouthful of bourbon as his gaze left the human and went to Bonnie. The dark skinned witch stood next to Caroline, her usual aura of confidence surrounding her. Her eyes scanned the room, a slight glare entering her eyes as her gaze settled on Elena.

Caroline stood facing the center of the room, where Tyler resided, a slight smile on her face as she looked down at her phone. Stefan could bet his life that she was texting Klaus. 

"We have a problem—" Tyler began but Bonnie cut him off.

"I swear to god if this is about the Originals again." Tyler gave her a confused look before he started vigorously shaking his head.

"It's not." He said before he looked around the room.  "I think there's a hunter here. He shook my hand but he had vervain gloves. And then he tried to shoot me with wooden bullets."

A silence settled over the room as everyone processed what was going on.

"Are you sure you didn't just piss someone off and trying to get us to handle it?" Damon broke the silence and Stefan rolled his eyes.