Chapter 5

Erikah Mikaelson stumbled out of the bar, her body leaning heavily on the vampire next to her

Erikah Mikaelson stumbled out of the bar, her body leaning heavily on the vampire next to her. She had lost count of how many bars, pubs, and/or diners they had visited.

Erikah startled as Stefan let out a loud laugh, unconsciously pulling her closer with the arm that was draped over her shoulders. They took a few steps together, their limbs slightly tangled. They didn't get far, as a result, and so Erikah halted, effectively stopping the young vampire. She untangled herself from him and took two steps back.

"I'm hungry." She stated with a pout that caused Stefan to smile lightly. He nodded his agreement and she gestured to a drunk couple that had just walked into the alleyway. "That couple looks delicious."

When Erikah looked back Stefan was taking deep breaths and shaking his head. "I don't drink human blood."

Erikah raised her eyebrows and placed her hands on her hips. "I guess I'm going to have to learn about you all over again."

"Again?" Stefan asked, moving slightly away. "What's that supposed to mean? I've never met you before."

"I hate my brother sometimes." She muttered quietly before turning to Stefan with a smile. "Let's go somewhere to sober up." She flung her hand around his shoulders. "And I'll get us all the blood we can drink. Animal for you, of course."

Stefan hesitated before he nodded and began walking with her. "I know a place close by."

They walked for about 20 minutes, thankfully without her falling, until they came up to a small motel. She paused briefly to observe the small brick building.

It seemed to have been around for a long time, as most of the bricks had lost their vibrant red color. The front door was severely discolored, displaying a yellowish off-white color, and the metal railing alongside the small steps leading up to said door was getting rusty.

Erikah turned her attention away from examining the building and to the vampire standing at the front door waiting for her. He raised his eyebrows at her questioningly but she just smiled and walked by him into the small reception area.

"Hi, welcome to Motel 6." Came the cheerful voice of a lady behind the front counter. She had a bright smile on her face and her eyes were shining as if she was really happy to have people walk in at this time of night. Erikah looked up at the wall behind the woman and saw a clock, displaying the time 2:56 am.

"Hi, yes we would like a room." Erikah refocused on the lady once Stefan spoke up. The girl looked down at her computer and typed a few things before looking back up at them. Erikah noticed that her name tag identified her as 'Mariah'.

"Will that be two beds or one?"

"Two." Erikah answered before she leaned closer to the girl. "Mariah." She called, bringing the girl's attention to her. Once she caught the girl's gaze, Erikah kept it. "You will mark a two-bed room down as booked and you will forget our faces. All you will remember is that a nice couple booked a room and would not like to be disturbed."