Chapter One

Harry had been to sleep away camp before, but only for a few weeks at a time (two weeks at most). This year Harry was going to Camp Hawk for the full summer, a little over nine weeks. He never would've gone on his own, but his best friend since diapers, Niall Horan, was coming with him.

There were two sections in the camp: Upper and Lower. The upper section was made up of 14-18 year old boys who stayed for the full nine weeks, while the Lower was filled with 9-13 year old boys who only stayed 4 weeks. Niall has turned 15 a few months ago and Harry was going to be fifteen in two weeks. (A/N: I know these aren't when their actual birthdays are)

Harry's mother, Anne, pulled up to a nice 20 something year old man holding a neon green clipboard. His name tag read Joshua.

"Hi folks! Welcome to Camp Hawk! I'm Joshua and how may I be of your service?" He put on a large and cheesy grin.

Harry felt a presence on his right arm and turned to find a smirking Niall. "He sounds like Ronald MacDonald."

"You mean your idol?" Harry grinned.

Niall shoved him away and tuned back into Joshua and Anne's conversation. "... Horan and Harry Styles." Anne was saying.

"Ah! I see them!" Joshua tapped a skinny index finger on his clipboard. "They are in Cabin 1D." He handed over to slips of bright orange paper. "Just gives those to the counselor and you'll be all set. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Anne said no and fallowed the long trail of cars down the dirt road. Boys of all ages were running around freely and Anne had to keep slamming on the breaks to avoid hitting a child. That would've been a great way to start off the session, Harry thought.

The cabin was tucked away in a small corner of the woods and Harry was pleased to see that. It was away from the other cabins and it felt more secluded.... More like home. The exterior was white with a green wooden door and '1D' painted in matching green letters above the doorframe.

A large red minivan was parked in front of the cabin and a boy with a buzz cut and dressed in a green t-shirt was helping, what seemed to be his mother, carry a black trunk inside the cabin door. Anne pulled up next to the minivan and turned the gas off. "We're here boys!" She announced, but Niall was already out the door before she could finish her sentence.

There was a slight breeze but Harry didn't mind. The view of the lake was beautiful, especially with the slowly setting sun sparkling and bouncing off the waters. There were a few kayakers out, paddling away from be center island.

The boy in the green t-shirt emerged from the cabin door and stared at the two boys who had just arrived. Harry would've guessed he was fifteen and later he learned he had guessed correctly. Niall, being his charming self, waddled right up to the boy and shook his hand. "Hi! I'm Niall and this is my friend Harry."

"Hi!" Harry waved.

"Hey!" The boy smiled. "I'm Liam."

"Cool! Now we all know each other. We're gonna be spending a lot of time together so prepare to be good friends with the Nialler!" Niall said matter-of-factly.

"I'll try!" Liam grinned. "So is this your guys' first year?"

"Yeah." Harry said, walking up and taking his place on Niall's right. "What about you?"

Liam held up three fingers. "You're gonna have a blast though!"

"NIALL JAMES HORAN! PLEASE TELL ME WHY THERE IS A FULLY COOKED PIZZA IN YOUR SLEEPING BAG!?" Anne hollared from the car.

Niall's eyes lit up. "My snack!" The pine needles blew under his feet as he ran back to the vehicle.

Liam coughed, "Um ... Is he always -?"