Chapter 5

Harry did his best to doge Louis as much as possible, but Louis made that very difficult. Whatever the hell they talked about the night of the campfire seemed to change how Louis acted around Harry. He was now touching Harry as much as possible. Whenever he even had the slightest chance to feel Harry's skin, he went for it.

Harry didn't mind. He actually enjoyed it very much. His crush was touching him, and talking to him, and laughing with him. Harry would've been elated if he wasn't so embarrassed. The moment kept replaying in Harry's brain. He had ... He had tried to make a move on Louis! HE HAD TRIED TO KISS HIM! Harry's stomach churned every time he replayed the moment in his mind. His senses had just taken over. Louis looked so beautiful in the moonlight and Harry couldn't help himself. Oh God! How was he going to survive the rest of the summer?

A week passed since the campfire and Harry got his sling removed. It felt weird to use his arm again and subconsciously he rested his arm against his chest even when he didn't have to.

"Curly, your arm's fixed. Remember?" Louis would whisper as he reached out and gently moved Harry's arm down to his side and off his chest.

Harry didn't necessarily ignore Louis. If Louis went up to talk to Harry, Harry would certainly talk back, but he never started a conversation with Louis. He wanted to. Oh how he wanted to. Harry wanted to initiate a conversation so badly he would get a headache, but he never did. Anytime Louis was close to him, all Harry could think about was the night of the campfire and the feel of Louis' hand and the way their foreheads brushed together and – Harry shook his head. He had to get over it.

It was Tuesday, a week after the campfire, and cabin 1D were sitting around a well-used art table in the arts and crafts barn. Harry was next to Niall, of course, and Louis, who seemed to be connected to Harry at the hip lately.

Harry was mindlessly doodling a stick figure in Sharpie on the art table, thinking about Louis, obviously. Niall had a spinning wheel in front of him and was constructing a clay pot. He had most of the clay on his face, however.

Every thirty seconds or so Louis would scoot his stool closer to Harry ever so slightly. Harry's heart was racing as Louis moved right up next to him. He couldn't stand it anymore. Harry pushed himself up and went to go lean on Niall.

"Is that pottery or poop?" Harry teased.

Niall looked up and crinkled his nose. "Oh, like you could do any better, Styles?"

"You know what? I bet I can!" Harry grinned, sliding in next to Niall on the bench.

"Fine then. Go ahead, Mr. Harry Pottery."

Harry shook his head. "Not one of your best jokes Niall."

Niall stood up and shook his head. "I know, I know. I'm sorry."

Harry dipped his fingers in the clay slip and adjusted his sneaker on the pedal. The clay wheel began moving slowly and Harry cupped the clay in his hands. It felt smooth under his palms and began slipping between his fingers. It was so soft and felt like pudding. Good, chocolate pudding.

Harry felt two arms slip under his elbows and panicked when he thought it was Louis. He soon realized they were Niall's arms. "Let's pretend like we're in Ghost." Niall joked as he brought his hands up to Harry's chin.

Harry smiled widely and started playing his role.

Harry broke into a grin when he caught Zayn's eyes. Zayn and Liam broke into an outburst of laughter and seconds later Harry and Niall lost it as well. Niall collapsed onto Harry's back and laughed into his curls. Harry leaned into Niall, using him as support while he tried to catch his breath.