Chapter seven

Harry forgot where he was until he saw Louis.

Harry was lying on his back, half on the blanket and half buried in the sand. He blinked a few times to get his bearings on his position. The fire was burned out, bits of ashes lining the base of the wood. Both cokes had been knocked over while the boys were sleeping. They had dumped into the sand, but the liquid had long since slipped into the ground. Harry's legs were numb, but he didn't know why. Then he remembered why he was on the beach in the first place and looked down at his chest.

His arms were still wrapped around Louis' drooping shoulders. Harry couldn't make out the boy's face, but his fluffy hair was pressed up against Harry's heart. Louis wasn't lying on top of Harry, but his left leg was entwined in Harry's legs. Louis was on his stomach, draped over half of Harry's body. Harry could hear the soft breaths from Louis' mouth as he stayed sleeping. Harry didn't want to disturb Louis. He looked so peaceful.

Harry didn't know what time it was, but the sun was up and they should probably be heading back to the cabin soon.

OH GOD!

Harry suddenly realized they had snuck out without permission and had fallen asleep on the beach and were going to get caught. Harry's heart rate spiked and immediately he shoved Louis off him and into the sand.

"Hmpf!" Louis grunted, landing face first into the warm morning sand.

"Shit, Lou! We need to go! NOW!" Harry started yanking the blanket out from under Louis' legs.

Louis flipped onto his back and snapped his eyes open. He groaned, looking around, but when his eyes landed on Harry he smiled. "Morning, Curly."

Harry smiled back, finishing folding the blanket. "Morning."

Louis suddenly realized Harry was up and cleaning the area. "Hey! What are you doing?"

"Louis, we need to go!" Harry hissed. "We're gonna get in so much trouble if we get caught."

Louis smirked. "Relax, Styles. If they ask where we were, we'll just lie. Say we were in the bathroom or something."

Harry bent down to snatch up the two empty coke cans, holding them both in his giant right hand. "Went to the bathroom with a blanket!?"

Louis kicked back and sat up on his calves, looking up at Harry with those ... what did Harry call them last night, indefinable blue eyes? "Of course not. We'll throw away the coke cans and hide the blanket behind a tree or something. During free time you can go get it."

Harry realized Louis was right. Then he raised his eyebrows. "Seem to have this all planned out, don't'cha, Lou?"

Louis smiled and titled his head to the side. "Good thing too. Now we don't have to go until the first horn, so come 'ere."

Harry's brain suddenly flushed with a thought. "Wait! What if we already slept through the first horn? What if the cabin is already at breakfast? Or searching for us? Or –"

"Will you shut up?" Louis interrupted, smirking widely. "You worry too much."

Harry crossed his arms. "Good thing too." He mocked, "You're so good at lying you need someone like me in your life."

Louis threw his head back and laughed. "Of course I need you. Now please come here, Curly."

Harry was suddenly grateful that he and Louis weren't dating. Harry would never be able to tell Louis no. He smiled at the thought and placed the objects in his arms back on the ground.