Chapter 19

There were three days left of camp and Harry was feeling anxious. The past nine weeks didn't turn out AT ALL as how Harry expected it too. It was like a movie. He made two new best friends and lost two good friends. He found love, lost love, and found it again with a boy he never thought he had a chance with. He snuck out at midnight. He got sad and scared. Oh, and he almost died. That too.

But Harry wouldn't change it for anything.

He made new friends that he hoped would last time and had a boyfriend that he was madly in love with. This summer was one of the best yet and he didn't want it to end. How cliche did that sound?

That day was the big match between Camp Hawk and Camp Pine Grove. Louis had gotten up at o'dark thirty and eaten his breakfast with his teammates before heading to the field for the last practice. 

The game was scheduled to be two hours, but would have to stop by four hours. Camp rules. 

It was an unseasonably cold day, so Harry pulled on a large lavender sweater. It was a little girly of him, he knew that, but he loved the sweater and it kept him warm. He pulled his hair back into a bun and shoved on his sneakers.

Niall was dressed in a white pullover sweatshirt with black lettering on it. Zayn wore a simple black hoodie, and Liam had on a dark blue jean shirt open over his white t-shirt. Harry was up on his bunk, taking down the pictures and cards he had pinned up on his wall over the course of the summer session.

There were the usual pictures of him and his cousins. There were a lot of him and Niall along with their families. Harry had up the birthday cards from his mother and sister and pictures Zayn had doodled for him. He also had polaroid pictures from the camp session of him and the cabin. There was one of the five boys sitting on the beach with their feet in the water and their backs to the camera. It was very Pinteresty and Harry wanted to keep it forever. 

There was also a picture of them boys in the water. Niall was playing referee in the game of chicken between Zayn on Liam's shoulders and Louis on Harry's. The picture was taken mid fall when Zayn was slipping from Liam's shoulders and Liam was tumbling forward. Harry had the largest grin on his face and Louis looked like a king while Niall's eyes seemed as though they might pop from his head. 

Harry's all time favorite picture was of him and Louis coated in paint from their fight at the arts and crafts barn. Liam had insisted on taking the picture and Harry had to thank him later. You could see the love between them and Harry knew he'd keep it forever.

"You ready, Harold?" Niall asked from the cabin floor.

Harry turned and nodded, slipping down the ladder to fallow his three friends out the door.

All the campers and facility were making their way to the football field. Apparently this game was a bigger deal than Harry thought. His stomach suddenly felt queasy. He had no idea how Louis handled these nerves. The field was practically packed with campers and counselors. Banners hung from the trees and buses were squished together in the parking lot. Harry recognized the Camp Pine Grove logo. He gripped Liam's arm as they weaved their way through the mob of onlookers. They made their way over to an empty section of the field where a slightly broken, wooden bench stood. It presented a great view of the field so the four boys decided to sit down and claim that spot as theirs.

"You excited?" Zayn asked, his eyes bright.

"Yeah. And nervous." Harry said truthfully, rubbing his sweaty palms along his jeans.

The breeze blew through Harry's hair and he was suddenly grateful it was up in a bun because it would've gotten very annoying with his long locks.