Chapter 11

Harry sprinted out of that room almost as quickly as Louis had. His head was swarming and he couldn't stand to be near anyone at the moment. His brain felt clouded, like mush, and he couldn't even think straight.

What was 2+2 again?

How do you ride a bike?

How old was his sister? When was her birthday again?
How do you even walk?

Harry had to stop next to a large boulder and stared at his rain-drenched shoes. "Wait, leffffft first ... no wait ... right? Left? UGH! HOW THE HELL DO YOU WALK!?" Harry tugged at his hair and slumped down against the soaked rock.

Harry didn't even know what he was thinking.

First there was the fact that his first kiss was taken away because of a stupid dare! Then the flattering fact that the boys stood up for him against Nick and Ty, but of course the entire camp had to witness it.

And then there was Louis. He punched Nick in the face because of him kissing Harry, and kind of, maybe unintentionally, admitted to having feelings for Harry.

And that was the worst thing of all. He loved being best friends with Louis and didn't want things to change. But he also wanted to date Louis. To cuddle with him, to hold his hand, to kiss him. He wanted that. He needed that.

Now all he had to do was find Louis. First he needed to remember how to walk.

"Louis?" Harry whispered as he stormed into the cabin. "Louis I know you're here."

Harry was actually only hoping Louis was in the cabin. He didn't know where else to look and the longer he searched, the more he began to loose his confidence. Harry's last resort was the cabin and he prayed Louis was there.

"Louis. Please stop hiding." Harry said as he waded further into the room.

There was a slight shift under the blankets in Louis' bunk and Harry knew he was there. This was it. Harry could either lose his best friend or gain a ... a boyfriend?

"Louis come out. We need to talk." Harry insisted.

"No." Louis mumbled into his pillows.

"Lou, please. Why are you hiding? It's me who's embarrassed." Harry coughed.

Louis shifted and threw off the comforter. He stared back at Harry, his eyes puffy from crying. Harry's heart ached seeing him like that. He wanted to see Louis smiling not crying.

"Louis! Why are you crying?" Harry asked quickly.

Louis shifted, hugging his pillow to his chest and stayed staring at the floor, not blinking. "I ... I don't know."

"Of course you know." Harry stated as he walked over to Louis. "You wouldn't be crying for no reason."

"But I don't have a reason, Harry! I don't know what the hell is wrong with me!" Louis buried his face further into the pillow.

Harry stayed standing in front of Louis' bunk. He folded his arms across his chest and stared intently at Louis. "Louis, look. I, more than anyone else, would have wanted to punch Nick. He humiliated me and stole my first kiss, and ... and didn't even care! I just ... I never expected you'd be the one to freak out."

Louis raised his head slowly, wiping away new tears.

"So ... I just need an answer." Harry said easily. "Why did you punch Nick?"