Chap.1 • Xena

^Cindy Kimberly as Xena White^
•••

MY dress looked like a puddle of silk in the corner of the room besides his blazer and shirt. I sat on the bed, my dark red lips curving up into a dark and sensual grin which had his eyes darkening with lust.

"God, you are beautiful." He whispered as he towered over me, locking me between his arms.

I falsely giggled, playing the innocent vixen that he believed I was. One leg hooked over his waist and pulled him down while my fingers trailed up his arm as I looked up at him under my black eyes lashes.

Dark brown hair laid wildly across the bed as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. No matter how much I hated the feel of his lips or the smell of his alcoholic breath, I had a job to do. That was the only thing that kept me going.

"I want a drink, Nicholas." I murmured and pushed him away from me, smirking as he nodded in a daze and hurried off the find the glasses as the bottle was on the bedside table.

While he was busying himself, I took this time to pour a little toxic in the bottle of wine. This way his death would be simple, no blood would be spilt on me and no tracing back to me. Nicholas rushed back into the room like a lovesick fool and passed me a glass before pouring us a drink.

"To us. And the future to come." He said, raising his glass as I clinked mine against his with a dangerous glint in my eyes and a malicious smirk on my face.

"To us, Nicholas." I purred, causing his eyes to dilute even more. He smiled and downed his drink while I watched in pure amusement.

The toxic kicked in a few moments later. I pushed myself off the bed as he rolled onto the silk sheets, clutching onto his neck and gagging as if he wanted to throw up. By now the poison was burning his insides out, he should be dead within ten minutes. His eyes widened as they watched me in fear while I slipped my satin short dress back on along with my heels.

He began coughing up blood while I removed any traces of me in his room and on him. Nicholas rolled around on the bed, silent screams escaping his mouth but none was heard and none would be heard. I spin on my heels and made my way to the door, moving my body with elegance and poise. I stopped when I heard something and glanced over my shoulder to see him watching me, fear of dying in his eyes and it made my excitement maximise.

"Wh-who are y-you?" He chocked out quietly.

I studied the old billionaire for a moment and for a split second felt sorry until that second was gone and my wicked features returned of my face.

"I'm Xena White."

A few weeks went by since my last assignment and I'd been told to lie of the low as the Feds were searching for whoever killed Nicholas Knightly. I was sitting outside on the terrance of my three-floored house. Watching the wind breeze through the trees and the birds sing, I closed my eyes in relaxation.

"XENA!"

My names rattled across the whole damn neighbourhood and I inhaled sharply before opening my eyes and glancing over my shoulder. Wild, blonde hair bounced on her shoulder as she stormed towards me, a scowl imprinted on her face.

"Yes, Coco?"

She stood in front of me, hands on her hips as she glared with those dark blue eyes. "How dare you use my Chanel No.5 bottle to keep your chemicals in!"

I smirked at my best friend and shrugged without giving her answer. Cordelia Monroe, or better known as Coco, had been my best friend for years before we both became assassins. I had met her during events that my uncles would drag me to due to the fact that I was a Daughter of the Russian Mafia so over time we became closer.

My elder uncle Alexei was the Mafia leader at the moment so the leadership wouldn't be passed down to me but to his daughter so I became an assassin instead within the group, I was the best of the best. No sooner, Coco joined. We were twelve years old when we began to train. The first months were the hardest and soon they got much easier and easier and easier.

"Coco-"

"-Don't Coco me, Xe." She huffed and sat besides me on the couch. "I hate you."

Chuckling lightly, I bumped my shoulder against hers. "You love me really."

She didn't even deny it as she shook her head with a disappointed smile. Coco and I had been living in this house for four years since we moved out when we were eighteen so she had gotten used my antics over the years and doesn't even bother being angry with me for too long.

"So, what's happening today?" I asked, glancing very briefly at her before looking away.

"Sadly nothing." She replied with a pout. "I have an assignment to do and it's a five hour drive from here so I won't be back until tomorrow."

"Well, thanks for fucking leaving me." I bit back harsh and she smirked, spinning on her heels and walking towards the bar besides the swimming pool.

"You know," She began as she poured two glasses of vodka. Then she turned around, sipping on her glass with her infamous smirk. "I look forward to the day you fall in love."

I groaned, knowing that she's going to bring this topic up again. Coco laughed and handed me a glass before sitting besides me again. She was very adamant to make me believe that I would fall in love and find someone one day.

"I'm not going to fall in love, Coco." I stated firmly as I downed the vodka. "In my line of work, there's no space to do that."

"Keep telling yourself that." She sang playfully.

I glared at my best friend and replied harshly back. "I will."

She shrugged with that triumphant smirk on her face as she headed back into the house to pack her things for her journey.

"By the way," Coco said suddenly as she glanced over her shoulder. "He wants you at his office tomorrow."

I didn't reply as I silently drank, staring out into the distance in oblivion. I heard the door close behind me and a ragged sigh escaped my lips. Coco was my best friend first and foremost and my partner in crime next, it's what kept us so strong. We are able to separate being assassins from being best friends.

We were there for each when the nightmares haunted one another but after a while those nightmares died away and so did any emotions towards the job. My phone rang and his name blinked rapidly on my screen, another assignment no doubt.

"Hello," I answered the caller, heading back into the house to say goodbye to Coco.

"Xena," His low voice replied back, shivers scattering down my spine. "You are needed. Come to my office by one."

"Coco said to come tomorrow."

"Change of plans. The sooner the target is gone, the better."

Coco entered her car as I leaned against the doorway, waving with a smile. She waved back and turned her engine on to her red Ferrari before driving out of the driveway and onto the main roads.

"Okay, understood." I said. "I'm coming."

I could imagine him smirking when he replied back. "Oh, you will be."

••••
The Billionaire's Seduction Round 2!!!! How is this for a better first chapter? Very excited to show you the new plot.

LMB