Chap.13 • Speciality

^Picture of Claudio Russo^
***

Mother.

What a strange turn of events.

Antonio's eyes flashed and he stood up, speaking in rapid Italian at the servants. Everyone just seemed to tensed up at the thought of his mother being in the household and I was yet to find out why. Claudio stood up and glared down at everyone, forcing them to become quiet just as a tall blonde women similar to Rosetta walked in.

She looked no older than 40 and had barely any wrinkles on her face. She smiled with ease and no falseness. A beautiful white dress clung onto her, her blonde hair tied into a neat bun and small kitten heels on her feet. When she walked, everyone bowed their head down because she was once their Queen and it was to show respect but she waved it away with a roll of her eyes. Even Katrina, who was trying to act like the Queen literally five minutes ago, was bowing her head and not trying to get Antonio's attention.

"Antonio!" She said happily. "Rosetta. My dear children."

"Hi Mom." Rose greeted, hugging her mum while Antonio sent her a nod which she shook her head disapprovingly at.

"Cold just like your father." She muttered to which caused Antonio to clench his jaw. She noticed this and quickly changed the subject, her eyes flickering over to Coco and I. "Who are our guests?"

Standing up in respect, both of us smiled at Antonio's mother.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs Moretti. I'm Nia and this is Cordelia."

"Please, call me Arianna. You're family now, no?" She announced, catching me by surprise.

I glanced at Antonio unsurely but he only shrugged. "Erm... Yes?"

"Fabulous!" She yelled joyfully.

I couldn't help but smile at the happiness she radiated and wondered why Antonio was so cold when he had such a kind mother.

"Is there a reason for your unexpected visit?" Antonio asked and I rolled my eyes at how blunt he sounded. His mother frowned before curling her lips up into a scowl and glaring at her son.

"Does there need to be?" She responded sassily and I choked back a laugh which made Antonio glare at me. Arianna saw this action and laughed.

"I like you, Mrs Moretti." I stated and she grinned at me.

"What did I say to call me, Nia?"

I chuckled. "Arianna."

Antonio groaned and we both sent a glare to him which made Rosetta laugh.

"Oh, this will be fun."

Arianna went to her room on the top floor when we decided it was time to retire to bed. She left with a cheery smile and soon everyone followed after her, the living room becoming eerily quiet. Antonio had left along with Rosetta, Coco and Claudio some time along with everyone else so I was alone in the room.

I tucked my chair in and thanked the maids as they began to clear everything away before heading into the elevator and waiting as it took me to the top floor. Once the metal doors reopened, I quietly got out and made my way down the foyer, careful not to make any sounds before slipping into the room.