Chapter 1- Meeting... and Pizza.

Cody turned around, now looking at the man. She got a good look at him: black hair, pale skin, green eyes, and sort of tall.

     “May I help you?” she asked, raising her eyebrow at the strangely clothed man.

     “Yes,” the man said. “I followed you.”

      Cody shook her head, “And I honestly don’t care.”

      She started turning around, but the man spoke once again. “I followed you for a reason,” he said. “I have come here to Midgard and saw you, and so I want you to kneel before me.”

      Cody laughed, “Oh yeah! Like I’d do that!” she exclaimed, noticing who it really was. “You’re Loki, right?”

      Loki smirked, “Of course I’m Loki, Midgardian.” He bopped her on the head with his scepter, “Bad girl.”

     “Ouch!” she exclaimed as Loki hit the back of her knees with the staff. She fell down onto her knees with a yelp.

     “Oh that’s much better,” Loki smirked. Cody glared before trying to stand up, but he kicked her in the stomach. “Cry for help.”

      Cody groaned and shook her head, “Ne… ver.”

      He smirked again, “Are you afraid to die, Midgardian?”

      She shook her head, “Nope. Not by you.”

      “I don’t believe that. You will be when you go to Nifflehiem, and once you reach there, you’ll be afraid.” Loki grinned and kicked her again, but this time Cody grabbed his foot and spun it around. “Ah!” he yelped as he fell onto the concrete below him.

      Cody stood up and kicked Loki in the stomach, “I will warn you to stay away from me, immortal.”

      He glared and stood up, clutching his stomach with one hand, and his staff in the other. Loki hit her with the staff; she groaned and took a couple steps back. “You cheated,” Cody said.

      Loki chuckled, “There’s no cheating in war.” He smirked.

      “There can be,” she rolled her eyes as she said that.

      “Not in my mind.”

     “Yeah whatever,” Cody said as she punched Loki in the jaw. Loki staggered back, clutching his jaw.

      “Ow…”

       Cody kicked him in the stomach, making Loki fall onto his knees and dropping his staff. “You know, Loki, here on Earth you can actually learn a couple things.” She looked at the staff and picked it up, “Well this is interesting…”

       “Give that back,” Loki said, holding his hand out.

       She chuckled and held it above her, “No.”

       Loki smirked and stood up, “You realize I’m taller than you, right?”

       Cody looked up at him, “I do now. But…” she started as she pointed the staff at him, taking a step back. “I could point it at you.”

       He stepped back and put his hands up, “I surrender.”

       “Good,” Cody smirked.

       “Can I have it back now?” he gave a charming smile.

       She raised an eyebrow, “How do I know you won’t do something… evil?”

       “I swear by my honor as a god.” He bows.

       She narrowed her eyes at him, “Fine.” Cody tossed him the staff.

       Loki caught it as Cody yawned, “So what happens now that I’ve surrendered? Are you going to get the Avengers or something?”

       “Nah, you didn’t really hurt me. And so I see no reason to turn you in.”

       He nods, “Thank you.”

       “Yeah whatever,” Cody turned around and started walking away.

       Loki walked behind her, “Where are you going?”

       “I’m getting something to eat,” she replied.

       “May I join you?”

       Cody shrugged, “Sure. I don’t care.”

       He nodded and followed her, now wearing mortal clothing.

                                                                      ________

 Cody sat down at a two person table with Loki on the other side. She looked for the menu, and then found it. “Oh the pizza sounds good,” she said, looking up at Loki.

       “I feel a little stupid, but what is this ‘pizza’ you refer to?” Loki asked, sinking into his chair.

       “Well,” Cody started. “Pizza is like a round and flat piece of bread that has tomato sauce or oil, and then usually has cheese and toppings like ham, bacon, pepperoni, pineapple, and more stuff like that.”

        “Oh… okay… sounds edible,” he said.

         “Yeah I’d think it’s edible.” She rolled her eyes at him and ordered a pizza.