Chapter 10- ... Not Boring

Cody walked back into the house, seeing Loki had also gone for a walk. She winced a little and opened the freezer, looking into it. Then there was a knock at the door; she covered her face with her hand and opened the door. “I need to give you a key…” she mumbled as she grabbed an ice pack from the fridge.

      “Yeah,” Loki agreed. Cody put the ice pack on her eye.

       She started walking into the bedroom.

       “What happened to your eye?” Loki asked.

      “Um… I ran into a pole.” She replied sarcastically as she rolled her eyes, and then she sat on the couch. She held the ice pack to her eye and winced a little.

      “I’m not stupid…” Loki muttered under his sigh. He sat next to her, “Tell me what happened, Misgardian.”

      Cody glared at him, holding the ice pack to her black eye. “I don’t need to tell you if I don’t want to.”

      “You’re right, but I still wish to know. And I will find out.” He said in a more gentle voice.

      She pressed the ice pack onto her eye, “A small fight with a group of people. I won, obviously, but the beat me up a little. It’s nothing.”

      “Did you kill them?”

      “No… I didn’t want to kill them.” Cody rolled her eyes.

       Loki sighed.

      “What? Oh never mind.” She turned the TV off and went into the bedroom.

      Loki yawned, “What time is it?”

     “I would think it to be four in the morning. Now I’d like to sleep.” She closed the door and jumped into the bed.

      He curled up on the couch, “I wish I had a bed…”

                                                                                    ______

Cody woke up about three hours later. She pressed the ice pack to her eye, wincing a little. She stood up and walked into the kitchen. She opened the freezer and took out some vanilla ice cream, starting to eat it.

      Then Loki woke up. He sat up on the couch, and leaned back, thinking. He looked up on the shelf, looking at the picture again. He sighed quietly and closed his eyes; Cody looked up at him. “Something wrong?” she asked.

       He looked at her and shook his head, “No.”

       She nodded and touched the black part around her eye, wincing. “Ow…” she said quietly.

       Loki watched her; Cody turned to look at him, a glare on her face.

       “Why do you keep staring at me?” she asked, confused.

       “I didn’t know it made you uncomfortable…” he looked away, obviously depressed.

       “No I’m honestly curious.” She started, “Almost every time I mess up on something speak mostly to myself I catch you staring at me.”

       “I’m studying the habits of Midgardians.” He replied.

       Cody chuckled, “Then I’m the worst person to study. I’m not like most Midgardians.”

       “That’s why I find you so fascinating. I’ve seen the actions of normal Midgardians… they are boring… But you are… not boring.” He said.

       “Thanks… I think.” She said, going back to eating the ice cream.

       Loki nodded, “You’re welcome.”

       Cody walked out of the kitchen and into the bedroom. She pulled on a string that pulled a ladder down from the ceiling and climbed up into the attic.

       Loki stood up, and started training with his staff, making sure not to hit anything.

       Cody walked to a chest and opened it quickly, making the dust fly into her lungs. She coughed a lot, “Dusty…”

       Then she heard a loud thump from downstairs. “Is everything okay down there?” she asked.

       There wasn’t a reply.

       “Loki?” she asked again, taking a box out of the chest.

       “Yes?” he replied.

       “What was that sound?” she asked, coming downstairs with the box.

       “I dropped my helm on the table, and then I dove for it.” He replied.

       She sighed and put the box on the bed, “Liar.”

       Loki walked into the room, and pointed to the box. “What is that?” he asked.

       “Nothing!” she lied quickly.

        He smirked, and appeared behind her, “Then I can look at it?”

        Cody shook her head, “No.”

        “Why not?” he asked as Cody turned around to look at him.

        “Uh… because…”

        Loki smiled, “I’m waiting.”

        “Well—uh wouldn’t want to…”

        “I wouldn’t want to what?” he asked.

        “You wouldn’t want to look at old pictures…” she said.

        Loki shrugged, “I am studying you.”

[A/N: I added the picture on the side because I thought it was funny... and it has Loki so...]