Chapter 14- Loki can cook...?

Loki woke up, and stretched his arms, “That was a nice sleep…” He got out of the bed and walked into the kitchen. He glimpsed to his side and saw Cody sleeping on the futon. Loki got himself a drink, but froze when he heard Cody whimpering.

       He looked at her, seeing tears go down her cheeks, and hearing more whimpering. He sighed and walked over, dumping the cold water he got for himself on her. “Cold!” she exclaimed, waking up and falling off the couch. She got up quickly and glared at him, “What was that for?!”

      “You were crying in your sleep.” He replied.

      “Oh…” she said, a little embarrassed. She looked down and rubbed the back of her neck as Loki smiled. Then she touched her black eye a little. It was going away, but it still hurt a little.

       Loki smiled and handed her an ice pack. “So you scared Hawkeye off?”

       Cody put the ice pack on her eye, “Uh… I wouldn’t say that...” she sat down on the couch.

       “Oh?” he sat down beside her. “What happened to him? Did you kill him?” he smiled.

       “No… I-I…” she stuttered, kind of thinking of what to say.

       Loki sighed, “What did you do?”

       She hunched her shoulders, “I told him I’d beat you up because him, Dr. Banner, and Ca—wait. Where’s Captain America?” she muttered.

        He smirked, “I kinda sent him to destroy the city.”

        “Okay…” she looked at him oddly. But then she sighed and rested her head in her hands.

        “What’s wrong now, Cody?” he asked.

        “I wish I killed him when I had the chance…”

        He nodded, “Now he’s probably come back to haunt us.”

        “I hope not… he’ll kill me with embarrassment…” she mumbled the last part to herself.

        Loki uncomfortably patted her back. She looked up, and then at him. “What are you doing?” she asked.

         “I’ve heard this helps comfort midgardians.” He stopped, “But apparently I was wrong.”

         She took the ice pack off her eye, “Why would you want to comfort… me?”

         “You are giving me shelter, so I thought I would comfort in return.”

         Cody nodded in acknowledgment, “Thank you. It does help.” Loki nodded and continued.

       “Would you like me to stop?” he asked after a couple minutes.

       She nodded and stood up, “Yeah. I think I’m gonna get myself something to eat…” Loki nodded as she went into the kitchen. Cody looked through the fridge before Loki piped up.

       “I could try cooking something.”

       She looked at him and closed the fridge, “Sure…”

       He nodded and walked over to the kitchen, starting to make something.

                                                                         _________

“Would you like anything on the side?” he asked, holding up a plate of chicken.

       Cody shook her head, “No thanks.”

       Loki nodded and set two plates on the table, “You get your own drink.” She nodded and grabbed a cup of water before sitting at the table. He sat across from her.

       She took a bite of her chicken and nodded, “It’s good.”

       “Well I am a good cook,” Loki said, taking a bite of his.

       The two continued eating in silence for a couple more minutes before standing up and cleaning their dishes. Loki lay down on the couch as Cody yawned a looked in the mirror. Her black eye was disappearing by the hour.

        “So my cooking was good?” he asked her.

        Cody nodded, “The best I’ve ever had.”

        “Thank you.”

        “You’re welcome,” Cody smiled a little before looking around the kitchen. She yawned again and looked over to Loki, “I’m bored. Let’s do something.”

         “Like what?” he said as sat up and looked at her.

         “We could… always play a game or something…?” she suggested.

         “What kind of games?” he asked.

          Cody shrugged, “There are plenty of games…”

          “Choose one,” Loki said.

          “Um… how about truth or dare?”