Chapter 13- Welcome--Not-- To My Home

Cody gave Loki a death glare and mouthed “attic”. Loki’s face showed a little fear; he ran up into the attic.

       She walked to the door and opened it; three people were standing there. She knew who they were.

       “May I help you?” she asked Hawkeye.

       “Give us Loki,” he ordered.

       Cody raised an eyebrow, “What are you talking about?”

       “We know you have him,” he pushed past her, leading Captain America and Doctor Banner.

       “What?” she said, stepping in front of him. “I do not have him.”

       “Do you want me to get the rest of us?” he asked, raising his eyebrow.

       “Sir, I can assure you there is no God of Mischief in my house.”

       Then there was a thump and the sound of someone saying “Ow” in the attic.

       “There’s someone in the attic,” Hawkeye said.

       “T-that’s my brother,” Cody insisted. “I sent him up there to get something for me.”

       “Then we’ll wait.” He said, leaning against a wall.

       “Then it’s going to be a long wait… You know what? I’m going to go for a walk. G’bye,” Cody said quickly, heading for the door right afterwards.

        “Cap you stay here, Bruce you go back to the HQ, and I guess I follow you, Ma’am.” Hawkeye said, opening the door for her.

         Cody rolled her eyes before walking outside, and Hawkeye followed.

         After a couple minutes of awkward silence, Cody spun her heel to look at him. “Okay do you seriously have to follow me?”

         He nodded, “Yes.”

         “Why?!” she exclaimed.

         Hawkeye shrugged, “I want to make sure you’re not in contact with anymore war criminals.”

         “I honestly don’t have any idea why you think I’m involved with criminals!”

          “We know you’re harboring Loki.”

          “I am not harboring Loki!” she exclaimed.

       “Well the evidence is stacked against you.”

       “Wait… what evidence?” she asked.

       Hawkeye handed her a list of evidence; she scanned through it.

       “Crap…” she muttered.

       “Anything else you’d like to say?” he asked, smiling.

       “Uh…”

       “Well?” he asked, “I’d like to put an arrow through his eye socket as soon as possible.”

       Cody glared, “And I honestly don’t care.”

       “So you’ll let me kill the idiot?”

       “What?!” she exclaimed, “No!”

       “And why do you care,” Hawkeye smirked. “Have you developed feelings for the brat?”

      “Pfft now way,” Cody said.

       “Why is your face red?” he asked, raising an eyebrow, smiling as well.

       She touched her face, realizing she was blushing. “Uh… I got beat up, and I guess the red is still there.” She points to her black eye, that wasn’t as swollen now.

       Hawkeye snickered, “You can’t hide your feelings.”

       “I don’t have feelings for Loki!”

       “So why won’t you let me kill him?” he asked.

       “Because…” she tried to think of an excuse, “I was going to let me get it from me.”

       “Wait what?” he asked, obviously confused.

       “Long story I don’t feel like telling, but I think I’m going to kill him.”

       Hawkeye exploded in laughter, “Ca-can I watch?”

       Cody glared, “No.”

       He sighed, “Fine, but you better kill him.”

       “Oh trust me,” she said. “I will.”

       She walked past him and went back to her house. Captain America was gone. Cody walked into the bedroom and saw Loki sleeping in the bed. She groaned quietly and got the couch into its ‘futon version’. She fell asleep that way.