Chapter 17- Left

Cody woke up in the morning and stood up, and then she walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. Loki was already awake, sitting on the couch.

    “We need to do something exciting…” Loki said.

    Cody nodded in agreement.

    As Loki stood an orange envelope slipped under the door. Cody walked over and picked it up. She opened the door to look outside, but saw no one. So she decided to open it.

    Loki walked over, “What is it?”

    “Someone slipped this under the door… and no one is there…” she replied, starting to open it.

    “Open it faster.”

    “Relax,” Cody glared as she opened it up. She looked through the photos in there and frowned.

    “What are they of?” he asked.

    She put them back into the envelope, “Nothing.”

    He snatched the envelope and opened it. He looked through the pictures, slightly shocked. He handed her the photos, and she threw them in the trash. Cody looked down and rubbed the back of her neck, “I-I think I am going to go for a walk…” she said as she grabbed her jacket.

    “I am coming with you.”

    “Fine,” Cody said. “Suit yourself,” she opened the door and walked outside quickly, Loki following.

                                                                       ____________

    “What is this place?” he asked, looking around.

    “This is a bowling alley,” Cody replied as she got some bowling shoes off the counter.

    “So you knock over the pins with a large stone?” he asked.

     Cody nodded and showed him to the lane, “Would you like me to go first to show you how it’s done?”

     Loki nodded.

     She took a bowling ball and rolled it down the lane. She hit nine of her pins. And then she went again, hitting the last pin. “You’re turn,” she said.

     Loki nodded and took his own bowling ball and sent it down the lane. He got a gutter ball.

     “I don’t like this game… at all…” he said.

     Cody sighed, “Then we can just go…” She took her things and walked out of the bowling alley, Loki following.

     “Good, because I am getting bored of this world.” he said as they continued walking.

     “Yup okay,” Cody said flatly.

     Then a breeze blew right passed the two, making Cody cold. She rubbed her arms as she continued walking. Loki just watched what she was doing.

     “What’s wrong with you?” he asked, watching her carefully.

      “Um… nothing…” Cody replied, still rubbing her arms.

      “… You are cold…” He said.

      Cody scoffed, “What? N-no I’m not!” she protested.

      “Yes you are.”

      “No I’m not,” she said.

      Loki sighed, “This realm has truly become boring.”

      “So why don’t you go back to Asgard?” she asked.

      “Because it’s worse there,” he said.

      “Then go travel to some other realm or something.” Cody said as the two entered her apartment.

      “Everywhere I go will be boring,” Loki complained.

      “Well I’m sorry but I can’t help you,” she stated.

      “I already knew that.”

      “Well I’m going to go out to eat…” she said out of the blue, and then started to walk outside.

      “Do you wish to go alone?” he asked.

      “I don’t care.”

      Loki nodded, “Then I will let you.”

     “Alright then,” Cody said as she left the apartment, leaving Loki all alone.

                                                                           _________

Cody entered the apartment about two hours later. She closed the door and said “Alright Loki I wasn’t able to go to the store so I don’t have any—Loki?” she looked around the apartment, confused. Loki would most likely be close to the door when she got home (an educated guess), but he wasn’t.

      She looked around a little more before setting her jacket down, “Loki?” Cody sighed and looked down to her side; she saw a note.

      Cody picked it up and read it out loud, “Sorry.” She looked up and looked around once more.

      Loki had left.