Chapter 9- {Insert Mission Impossible Theme Song}

Loki started to infiltration of Stark Tower…

      Humming the Mission Impossible theme song.

      He continued walking, tripping an alarm unknowingly. A guard came running in, and so Loki hid. The guard looked around, “False Alarm.” He said into his walkie talkie.

      There was an acknowledge, and the guard left. Loki sighed quietly in relief.

       And then he dropped his staff.

       The guard turned around and saw Loki; Loki took that as his queue to pick up his staff and run.

        “Stop!” the guard exclaimed, following Loki.

         “Why would I do that?!” exclaimed Loki, still running. “You’re just going to shoot me!”

         The guard fired his gun at Loki, and he dodged the bullets like Vash from Trigun. Loki continued running and then ran into a bedroom; he got under the bed quickly before he could see who was sleeping there. Then the guard ran into the room, “Tony?”

          Tony Stark—the man in the bed—woke up, rubbing his eyes and yawning. He saw the guard and rolled his eyes, “Happy get out of here?”

          “But Tony Lo—“

          “Happy let me sleep!” interrupted Stark. Happy sighed and left the room, shaking his head and muttering to himself.

           Stark fell asleep after a couple minutes, so Loki thought it’d be safe to come out. He walked out from under the bed, but bumped his head. “Ouch!” he exclaimed.

           Stark woke up and sat down, “What the—Loki?!”

           Loki stood up, “… Hello Stark.” He dusted himself off.

           Stark jumped out of the bed, “What the heck were you doing under my bed?!”

           “… Counting dust molecules…”

           Stark raised an eyebrow, “Liar.”

          “Me? A liar? I am not, I’m just the god of LIES AND MISCHEIF.”

          “Well get the heck out of my tower!”

          “I just need a place to sleep! If you could look deep into your heart and—“

          “Not for a guy like you! Now leave!” he exclaimed, pointing to the door.

       “Please! I’ll do anything!”

       “No; go get a girlfriend or something and stay with them! You’re not living in my tower!”

       “Just for one night!” exclaimed Loki. “It’s already 3:00 in the morning! Just four hours of sleep!”

       Stark pondered a moment, and then looked at Loki. “Fine,” he said with a sigh. “Follow me,” he left the room. Loki followed.

        The two walked upstairs, and into a room. “Just keep it clean. I want you out by seven.” He left the room before Loki could say thanks.

                                                                           ________

Loki woke up from a bad dream, screaming.

       “It’s seven o’clock, Loki!” the voice of Stark echoed into the room.

       Loki walked downstairs, “Thank you.” He said to Stark before leaving the tower.

       “Now I have to make a plan for the next few nights…” he muttered to himself.

                                                                     _______

Cody was still asleep on the couch, hugging a pillow and that picture she treasured so much.

       Then there was a knock at the door.

      She fell off the couch, “I’m coming!” She put the picture on the shelf and threw the pillow on the couch as she stood up. She walked to the door and opened it. “Did you fail?” she asked.

      Loki sighed, “I slept there for four hours. Yes, I failed.”

      She yawned, “Fine. Come in.” she said as she made space for him to enter.

      The two sat down on the couch at the same time. Loki grabbed the remote and started flipping the channels until it reached the news. He looked over to Cody… who fell asleep. He watched her a little bit before falling asleep on his own side of the couch. Cody hugged a pillow as she slept, muttering words in the dream.

      Then Loki fell off the couch.

      Cody heard the thump and woke up, but she fell asleep again. Loki sighed and got back onto the couch, curling up and falling asleep once again. He woke up again and stayed awake, bored. He looked around silently.

       Cody inhaled sharply, and continued sleeping; Loki looked at her and listened to her breathe since he didn’t really have that much else to do. Then he fell back asleep.

       Cody woke up and looked at Loki, hearing the whimpering and muttering. She sighed and stood up, grabbing her jacket and heading outside for a walk.

         Loki woke up, noticing she now wasn’t in the house.