Chapter 4- Hide And Seek

Cody laughed.

      “What?” asked Loki, confused.

       She continued laughing, “Th-that’s a kid’s game!”

       Loki glared at her.

       She sighed, “Fine.” And then she stood up.

       “We don’t have to play a children’s game…”

       “No it’s fine; I was joking around. I actually like hide and seek.” Cody said; Loki nodded, “So you want to count?”

        Loki nodded again, “Yes. One… two… three…”

         Cody started running. It took her a couple minutes, but she decided to climb a tree and lay on its branch.

          “Ready or not here I come!” exclaimed Loki. He started running around, looking for Cody.

          Cody yawned quietly, closing her eyes, but not going to sleep. Then she felt a tap on her shoulder, “Hi.” Said the real Loki, quietly.

          “Gyah!” she fell out of the tree and landed on the ground. Loki jumped down as well, and the other Loki disappeared. She stood up, and Loki just watched her. “Why do you keep staring at me?”

          She dusted off her jeans, “Because I can.” Loki replied; Cody rolled her eyes and looked at him.

          “It’s wearding me out…”

          “Cool,” Loki said, yawning a little.

           She glared at him, “Alright my turn?”

          Loki nodded and started running.

                                                                   ________

“Okay now I’m out of ideas…” said Cody, sitting down on a bench. She was tired from looking for the God of Mischief.

           Loki shrugged, “Me too.”

         The two stayed silent, keeping to themselves. Cody looked at her ponytail, “I think I’m going to go home.” She said; Loki looked at her and nodded.

         “Alright,” he said.

         Cody stood up and started walking away, “Bye.” She said quietly, thinking Loki wouldn’t hear.

          She headed home to Brooklyn.

         Loki looked at her one more time before looking up at the sky. “Take me back!” he exclaimed.

                                                              _______

Cody got back to her apartment. She opened the door and walked inside. She turned to her side and saw a picture, and then frowned as she went to the kitchen. Cody grabbed herself something to eat before taking a shower and then heading outside again, in different clothing.

Loki walked into his chambers in Asgard.  He yawned a little and jumped on his bed, falling asleep soon enough.

Cody went home a couple hours later after buying some groceries and doing other errands. She unpacked her bags full of things and headed to her room, and fell asleep after she got her pajamas on.

                                                                          _______

Cody woke up the next day, her hair a little messy. She yawned and stretched her arms as she got out of bed. She pulled her hair into a ponytail and started walking… but then tripped.

        “Oof!” she said. Cody stood up and looked down, eyes widened.

        “Loki?!”