Chapter 11- Looking through her history

Cody sighed and shook her head, “Seriously. It’s just old pictures.” She said.

      “I will look at them also,” Loki said.

      She sighed and rolled her eyes, “There isn’t any stopping you, is there?”

      “Nope.” he smiled.

      She sighed, “Fine.” The two walked over to the bed, and sat down. Cody opened the box and took out a photo album.

      She opened the photo album, showing a couple pictures of her as a baby. “You were a cute infant,” Loki said, smiling at the pictures.

       Cody rolled her eyes, “Whatever.”

      He smiled more, “And tiny.”

      She groaned, and facepalmed.

     “What?” he said. “You’re still kind of tiny compared to me.”

     “But I’m taller than most people!” she exclaimed.

     “Continue through the pictures,” he said. Cody glared at him before passing through a couple more infant pictures. And then she got to a couple pictures where she’s wrestling her brothers, in middle school.

      “Oh I forgot about that…” she muttered to herself.

      “I always lost at those sorts of things…” Loki said.

      “I could beat them a couple times only, because it was always me against them at once.”

      He chuckled, “You can’t win when you’re going against the God of Thunder.”

       “Hey you never know…” she started going through hunting pictures.

       “True…” he muttered, looking at the pictures.

       Then Cody glimpsed at a picture; she quickly took it out before Loki could see, and put it in her pocket.

        “What was that?” he asked, “Show me.”

        “You don’t need to know.” She replied.

         “Show me,” he demanded.

         “Eh… no.” she said.

         “Why ever not?” he asked.

         “Because I don’t want to.” She replied.

         Loki sighed, “Can I at least know what it is of?”

         “Uh… no,” Cody said.

         “Please?” he asked, with a pleading look on his face now.

         She glared, “No. You’ll have to take it if you want to know what they are. And I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to take it by force.”

          “Are you sure about that?” he grinned.

          Cody nodded, “Pretty sure.”

          He took the book from her and stood up.

          “Hey!” she exclaimed, trying to grab the book.

          “Nuh uh uh…” he smirked, holding the book above her.

          She jumped onto the bed, “Give it back!”

          Loki stepped away from the bed, “Nope. Show me the picture.”

          “No!” she said.

          Loki smirked, “Then you don’t get your book back.”

          “It’s nothing important, Loki!” she said.

          “Then you have no problem showing it to me.” He smiled.

          Cody frowned, “Serious Loki.”

          “Show me that picture, Cody…” he said.

          “No…” she looked up at him.

          “Why not?” he asked her slightly confused.

          “B-because…”

          “Tell me why…” he smiled. “Please?”

           Cody sighed, “It has my mom in it.” She almost mumbled.

        “Did something happen to her?”

        “She died in the war when I was three…” she looked down and rubbed the back of her neck.

         “That’s a bit sad,” Loki muttered, starting to rub Cody’s back comfortingly.

          Cody nods a little, “Yeah I guess.”

           Loki handed the book back to her.

           “Thanks.” She mumbled as the two sat down on the bed again. She went through some of her military pictures, and then took one of the pictures out. “That one’s a little… messy,” she said quietly as she put it on her nightstand.

           A spark of interest appeared in Loki’s eye, after he looked at that picture. Then she continued, “I don’t even know why they took these pictures of me… and also who put them in my photo album…”

          “They seem interesting,” Loki said.

          “How can these be interesting? It’s just me… shooting people.” She mumbled the last part.

          He shrugged, “I’ve kind of grown up watching wars. So the evolution of weapons interests me.”

         She nodded and closed the book, “That’s pretty much it.”

          Loki nodded and looked at her as she stood up. Cody walked to the kitchen yawning; Loki watched from the doorway to make sure she doesn’t find out about the hole in the wall.

         Cody walked to the fridge, but stopped, and took a couple steps back, looking at the picture on the wall.

         She looked at the picture a little more, “Loki?”