Monsters

Emily woke up, startled, and ungracefully fell off her chair. Chuck was bringing over her food and, luckily for him, he saw the whole thing.

"HAHAHA THAT WAS ALMOST AS FUNNY AS THE TIME WHEN GALLY --"

"Chuck." Emily cut him off, annoyed, "I need to see Teresa."

"Sorry... Can't... let you... out... until tomorrow." He said between laughs.

Emily sighed, "Okay. Thanks for the food."

"No... problem.." The chubby boy said, still laughing. As he walked away, she picked up bits of his sentences, "So funny... Gally... toilet..."

The girl rolled her eyes and started to pick at her food. I wonder if Teresa knows. She thought. After pulverizing her bread roll, she remembered that she had telepathic powers.

"Teresa?"

A few seconds later, she got a reply, "EM!"

"What?! What's wrong? Did you start your peri--"

"No!"

"Then..."

"I just woke up. I had a really weird dream... well... it seemed more like a..."

"A memory." Emily finished.

"Yeah..."

There was a silence for a few minutes as the girls were trying to comprehend everything.

"So I guess we're twins. Eh?" Emily said.

"Aha.. I guess so."

"But we don't really look the same... do we?"

"No... I think we're... what's the word?"

Suddenly, the word popped into Emily's mind, "Fraternal twins."

"Oh yeah. Right."

"Do you think we should tell someone?"

"No. I think we should just keep this to ourselves until we find out more about... us."

"Right. Smart." Emily agreed.

Teresa changed the subject, "So... you and Newt."

Emily blushed, "It's nothing. Really."

"Oh, come on." Teresa teased, "I saw you guys in that memory. Your guys' faces were so red! Plus... I saw you come in with him last night."

"Teresa!" Emily groaned.

"What were you guys up to?"

"He ran off at dinner and I followed him. He was jealous of how Thomas and I were interacting... I guess. I was going to tell him that I... like him."

"Oh... well... I guess when you do, good luck."

"Thanks."

"My head's starting to ache, can we talk later?"

"Yeah, sure. Talk to you later."

"See you."

********

As the day went on, Emily just sat and talked to people that passed by. As darkness started to fall, Newt came by.

"Hey shank." He greeted.

"Hey Newtie."

He sat down, hugging his knees, in front of the bars, "When we looked at the stuff in the Box that Teresa came in, we saw some sort of thing that plays music. Since we might have a way out of this bloody place and a bunch of unexpected things have happened, we've decided to throw a little bit of a party."