Thank you Em-dog

The sisters entered the Griever Hole with Emily on top of Teresa's back.

"Ouch! Get off, Em!" Teresa snapped.

"Sorry, sorry." Emily rolled off but when she landed on the ground, it made a squish sound. The girl put her hand on the ground and yelped.

"THIS IS SHUCKING DISGUSTING. OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THIS?! GRIEVER POOP?! IT'S SO OILY AND --"

She was interrupted by Chuck making a sploorsh sound as he landed and Thomas trailing after. When everyone was standing and ready, the sisters and Chuck ran to the dimly lit computer that was several feet down the tunnel while Thomas stayed back to guard.

"Wait!" Thomas called out. "Are you guys sure you remember the code? It's Flo--"

Emily scowled, stopped running, and turned to his direction, "Oh my shuck, yes we do. We're not idiots, Thomas! We are competent enough to remember a simple six word cod--"

The brown haired girl was cut off by the sounds of grievers echoing throughout the tunnel. Thomas began to fight them off just as she caught up to Teresa and Chuck to see that her sister was already typing in the code. She looked back at Thomas again to see that he was defeating the blubber metal monster with ease. She scrunched her face at how easily he could beat them but she turned to face Teresa with frantic fingers typing the same word over again.

"What's wrong?!" She asked.

"It won't let me enter the last word!"

"What do you mean? Push is really easy to spell, y'know... It's P-U-"

"This isn't funny, Em! Help!" Teresa typed 'push' again but nothing happened.

"What? Let me try." Emily pushed her twin out of the way and typed. She made sounds of frustration as she tried for the sixth time. "What the shuck?! This code's supposed to work!"

"Emily, stop! We established that already! Let's think about this! Okay... um...."

The sisters' train of thought was interrupted by Chuck's timid voice, "What if you pushed that button?" He pointed to a spot under the screen and keyboard. Emily crouched down and saw a red button with three bold words above it:

Kill the Maze

Her jaw dropped, realizing how unobservant and stupid she and Teresa were.

"Wow, Chuck. We --"  Emily turned to face Chuck but she yelped as she saw him about to get attacked by a griever and Thomas fighting a swarm of them a couple feet away. She yelped once more before snapping back to her senses and pushing the button. As soon as she pushed it, the four gladers witnessed the grievers dropping dead and heard a door slide open farther down the tunnel. Emily straightened herself then ran over to Chuck, hugging him then patting and squishing his face.

"Chuck! Are you okay? That griever could've killed --"

The curly haired boy moved away from her grasp, "But it didn't! I'm fine, Emily!"

Emily cleared her throat, "Right. Sorry. Thank you, though. You saved us. We never would've figured out the last part of this crazy code. You're a shucking hero, buddy."