PROLOGUE

AUTHOR UPDATE: ITS CURRENTLY 2019 AND I CRINGE EVERY TIME I READ A SCENE FROM
THIS STORY 😭😭😭😭😭😭
I wrote it soooo long ago and the characters are so immature - very undeveloped - there is a lot of back and forth - many discrepancies and so many scenes that make me want to puke!
😂😭

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Welcome to my story!! :)
(A/N: even this welcome line is cringe fgs I can't)

First & foremost, As salamu alaykum, may peace and blessings be upon you all. ❤️
Secondly, cliche cliche cliche, but, this story hasn't been edited so overlook the grammatical errors, spelling mistakes etc pleaseeee xx
Lastly...Enjoy the prologue & the rest of the story inshaAllah.

Jazakumallahu khayr in advance for the support. <3

DISCLAIMER ONCE AGAIN IN CASE YOU DIDNT READ IT PROPERLY!
This is NOT my proudest story. I wrote this when I was younger and immature. I wrote this when I was NOT fully practicing. There may well be scenes in this story, be it from what the characters wear, how they conduct themselves, things they say, the behavior and things they do that are NOT APPROPRIATE even though in the story I may have made it sound like it was completely fine. I'm aware there's a 'double date' chapter further ahead and one the characters talk freely with the non mahram at the table for example. This is not permissible.
Please keep your eyes open and be aware of these things and forgive me.
My story 'Together, Forever' is a bit better than this one and my story 'Finding Islam' is even better than that. So if there's one story of mine you read, please let it be Finding Islam.

JazakumAllahu khayr.

On to the prologue ....

--

"You need to stay away from me." I said, narrowing my eyes as I looked at Jacob, the school's bully. It wasn't only me he picked on, he even picked on people from the 'cool' group, but of course, me being a Muslim wearing a hijab in a world where the media portrayed us as mean, brutal people who did nothing but kill kafirs; I was an easy target.

"Why? Are you going to blow me up if I don't?" He asked, coming a step closer.

I rolled my eyes, hoping that Havva would finish her toilet business sooner rather than later. "I think that joke is about ten years too old, Jacob. Come back when you find a new one." I said to him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, you think you're so smart, don't you? Too bad you'll end up being forced to marry a man who's triple your age before you can put that small brain of yours to good use." He smirked, again, thinking that he hit some sort of nerve.

"I'd rather that than being stuck with someone my own age who's like you." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

As soon as the words escaped my mouth, his eyes darkened and I swallowed. Great. Now look what at what you've done, Hira.

This is why you should speak good, or remain silent as the prophet said.

He took two threatening steps forward as I pushed myself further into the wall.

Just as he was about to take another step to come nose to nose with me, he was violently pushed away, his body falling to the ground as he grunted in pain.

I gasped from shock of the unexpected event and my eyes widened as I noticed Amir standing over Jacob, his feet on either side of Jacob as he grasped his collar in his clenched fists, seething as he spoke through his teeth. "If I ever see you anywhere near her again, I'll kill you. Do you understand!?" Amir yelled as my body shook nervously.

What on earth was he doing, Ya Allah!?

"I said do you understand!?" He shouted again after Jacob didn't respond, this time causing for him to nod frantically, his eyes showing nothing but utter fear.

"F**king d**chebag." Amir muttered as he dropped Jacob's collar, making his head hitting the ground.

Amir walked to me slowly, bending his neck and cracking it to relieve some of his anger I suppose, his normally bright eyes now shades darker. "Are you okay?" He asked me softly.

My heart beat erratically pounded against my rib cage as I looked up into his concern filled eyes.

Never in a million years would I have expected Amir to stand up for me like that and now that it had happened, I didn't know how to feel.

It felt good. Damn, it felt so good to be protected by someone and looked out for, but it also felt wrong.

We weren't engaged and we certainly weren't married. Why would he stick up for me so publicly, in front of a massive crowd that had now dispersed after Jacob had walked away?

"Hira?" He said.

My name had never sounded so pleasant and perfect before.

I nodded my head, snapping out of my reverie.

Astaghfirullah.

"Thanks." I said quietly before beginning to walk down the hall. Havva would find me later anyway.

"Wait, Hira!" He called out.

I released a breath and stopped walking as I looked at him curiously, my cheeks feeling warmer than usual.

"Are you coming to the jamiya soccer tournament tonight?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I looked down and smiled before facing him again, nodding my head. "Yeah, I'll be there." I said, causing for a small smile to tug at his lips.

"I'll see you there then." He said, the sides of his lips lifting ever so slightly.

"Maybe." I said, before releasing a breath as I turned around and continued walking down the hallway.

Maybe Amir wasn't as bad as I had first thought.

:::::

Vote vote vote

~f. xx